Protect Her

(Anna's POV)

I was trapped in this dark place. It felt peaceful and wrong at the same time. I don't remember how I got here. All I know is I want to leave. I heard voices. Familiar voices. Whispers sent chills down my spine.

I couldn't feel anything. I was numb. Something was missing. I felt empty. I felt lost. I just want to get back to my family. I could hear them. Ali and Alex. Alex was talking to Ali. I could just barely make out what he was saying.

I felt my body floating towards them. I could see a light. I followed it. As soon as I could touch the light, I could see everything. Tate was standing by Alex with a hand on his shoulder.

Alex had his hands on Ali's little face. Alex had tears in his eyes. I could see he was holding back. What was wrong? Am I dead?

"Everything is going to be okay. I promise. Daddy will make things right. You won't have to hide anymore. No one will hurt our family. I love you and mommy, so much. Take care of her until I get back. Mommy is going to need you. You listen to grandma and your aunt Rain. They will take good care of you while I'm gone. You know what to do," He was saying to Ali.

What is he talking about? This must be a dream. I want to wake up. To run to him. To feel his arms wrap around me. To be held and kissed by him. I want him. The more I wanted him, the more I drifted away.

"No. Don't take me away! Alex! Ali! Can't you hear me?" I yelled.

I watched Alex kiss her forehead, and Tate kissed her hand and smiled. Everything then went blurry, as I faded back into the black abyss.

(Rain's POV)

I was walking down the hall, to check on Anna when I seen a glowing light coming from her room. I looked through the crack in the door, to see Anna floating in the air on her back. I wasn't as worried, until I seen something unexpected.

Ali had her hands raised in the air, palms facing Anna. I opened the door, and watched in awe. The sight had me curious. I'd never seen anything like this. It was just as beautiful as it was breath taking.

Is this what Alex meant when he told Ali to take care of Anna? I don't know what she is doing, but Anna had a smile on her face. That was until Ali started to lower her. She had the saddest look on her face. It was heartbreaking.

I understood in that moment that pain and longing that she must feel. The feeling of being scared of the outcome of this new war amongst us creatures. We both wish for the same thing, and that is for our men to come home to us in one piece.

As soon as Anna was on the bed again, Ali turned around and walked out the door. Her eyes never met mine, as if I wasn't even there. She even closed the door behind her. When the door shut, my attention was turned back to Anna.

"Alex!" She yelled as she sat up gasping for air.

She looked at me confused. I didn't know what to say. I definitely didn't want to tell her about Ali's ability, especially if she doesn't know she has it. Also, we don't know what ability it is. I have never seen anything like it. Then again, I never seen a vampire baby being born either.

Anna and Alex had been the first of vampires to have a baby in over 100 years. Times have changed. So has the mixed breeds of creatures. I'm a mixture of witch in training and turned vampire. As for Ali she was born two different creatures in one; turned a banshee in the womb but a vampire by blood.

"Rain? What's going on?" She asked me.

"Well, you fell asleep in the car, because Alex had Tate put a sleeping spell on you. They left a few hours ago. He says he's sorry you didn't get to say goodbye. Before he left, he kissed you and you smiled. It was rather quite beautiful, like sleeping beauty," I said trying to make the situation better.