He's Changed

(Alice's POV)

With Tate following me, I made my way back into the kitchen to make the babies bottles. Then took the little girl from Anna, and Tate took the boy from Rain. They left us alone in the kitchen, and joined everyone else in the living room.

"So who's the dad?" He asked me.

"I don't know," I said as I watched the baby girl drink the bottle containing blood.

"You don't know?" He asked.

"There's a lot that I don't know about them," I said as I caresses her cheek with my pinkie finger.

"What are their names?" He asked.

"I never picked them out," I said as my eyes met his.

"When did you have them?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"Wait... you think they're mine?" I asked.

"There not?" He asked confused.

"No..." I said as I returned my attention to the baby girl.

After telling him the story, he seemed kind of relieved.

"I didn't know. It's just that Kane told me that he took advantage of you, and that he killed you... When I found out you were alive, and had two babies with you, I thought the worst. But I never gave up on you," He said.

"I would never let that happen," I reassured him as I placed my hand on his.

"So why does the little girl drink blood, and the boy doesn't?" He asked.

"I'm not sure. He just never accepted feeding, but she is constantly hungry. She has a thirst that can never be quenched. I don't know what to do," I said as I shook my head.

"Well we can ask my grandma, and see what she has to say," He said as he shrugged his shoulders.

Just then there was a loud bang followed by a commotion in the living room. We sat the bottles on the table, before rushing out to see Caleb and Luna.

"We have to go. We have to leave right now," Luna said in a panicked voice.

"What's going on? I just got here," I said.

"We were followed. I don't know how he found us, but he did. We lost him at some point. There's no telling when he will find us again," Luna said.

"I'm lost. Who are you?" Anna asked.

"I'm Luna and this is Caleb. That's beside the point," She said.

"There's no reason to panic. I've put a spell on the place to keep out unwanted people," Ceciellia said.

"Are you sure that will protect us?" She asked.

"I was once The Slayer. I'm also one of the four most powerful witches in the world," She said as she looked around at her three friends.

"Nothing could surpass Ceciellia's magic. Not even ours," The old lady from the bus said.

"She has a powerful motivator," The other witch said.

"Now, now, let's not talk about that," Ceciellia said.

"I'm kind of curious now. Please tell us gram," Tate said as he shifted his stance.

"I'd rather not," She said as she shook her head.

"It's because of losing your grandfather, there I said it. You act like it's a big deal," The hippie dressed witch said.

"Cora, it is a very big deal. He didn't die... he faked it. The real motivator was my hate for being weak when I thought I had lost him. It made me practice and practice until that was all I had. You're mother hated that about me, Tate. That is why your mother refuses to use it," Ceciellia said.