A Good Night's Sleep

(Alice's POV)

When I opened my eyes, everyone was standing above me. I looked around, while slowly sitting up and rubbing my head.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Tate asked.

He was no longer holding the baby, Ali was.

"The baby, h-he took me to her. He showed me them. I seen the betrayer. He's the father of the babies," I said as my eyes met Tara and Emrick.

"That explains a lot of things," Emrick said.

"So, what do we do now?" Anna asked.

"Well, we will begin a search for them," Tara said.

"They no longer have an army. Kane is weak. Sophia and James can't hold us all off," Emrick said.

"That is true. Where do we start?" Ceciellia said.

"Alice... Can you describe the place?What did it look like?" Tara asked me.

"I-I don't remember. It was mostly all cement walls. I was only in one room," I said feeling useless.

"Do you think they could be...?" Tara asked Emrick.

"They could be," Emrick replied.

"What? Where is it?" I asked as I stood up.

"They could be in the tunnels. In one our our safe hideouts," Tara said as her eyes met mine.

"There's so many though. How would we find them?" Ceciellia asked.

"We search every one of them," Emrick said.

"Together, though. We can't take the chances of splitting up," Tara said while she looked at me.

"So, who is this betrayer anyway?" Anna asked as she looked down at the baby boy in her arms.

Everyone was now quiet. I exchanged glaces with all of the Immortals. They looked at each other.

"His name was James. The son of the previous protector. His mother died while giving birth to him. We thought we had raised him right, but somewhere inside he was corrupted," Raven said with a sigh.

"He wasn't corrupted. He was power hungry," Baldassare said.

"Well it looks like he succeeded in getting what he wanted," Damon said with a sigh.

"Not exactly," Tara said.

"To gain as much power as he seeks, he would have to share a blood bond with one of us," Emrick said as he motioned to the other Immortals.

"So you're saying Alice is more powerful than him?" Tate asked as he looked at me.

They were quiet.

"What?" I asked.

"You have as much power as we do. You are after all our child," Tara said as she placed her hand on my cheek.

"I don't understand," I said as I shook my head.

"You're not going to. Not yet anyway. You haven't reached your full potential," She said as she reached for my hand.

"How do I reach my full potential?" I asked.

"It will take a major event to bring you to full power," Emrick said as his eyes did a quick glance away.

"Like what?" I asked as I squinted my eyes at him.

"That's for you to figure out," Tara said with a sad look in her eyes.