My Body

( Tate's POV )

Alice had fallen asleep, while on our way back to my grandma's. I turned back into my human form as we approached the libraries entrance. After laying Alice down on the ground, I put the spare clothes back on. Once I was dressed, I picked her up in my arms. Smiling to myself as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

I then opened the door, before closing and locking it behind me. After I secured it with a protection spell, I carried Alice upstairs. When I opened the apartment door, everyone gasped.

"Tate!" Anna said with a scared look in her eyes while looking at Alice.

"What happened?" My gram asked.

"She is just sleeping. Calm down I didn't kill her..." I said in dismay.

"Sorry... I didn't know... I'm just worried about my best friend," Anna said as she looked down, and Alex wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm taking her to lay down. Then I'll be back out," I said as I carried Alice back in to my room.

Just as I laid her on my bed, and tried to walk away, she grabbed my hand. I looked back at her. She had the most drained and dull looking eyes.

"Alice?" I asked.

"Will you lay with me for just moment?" She asked.

"Of course," I said before laying next to her.

She held me close, her skin so cold against my warm skin. Her head was nuzzled against my neck. It made me want to hold her closer. I loved the way her hair smelled of mint and rosemary. In that moment, I smiled to myself while losing myself in thought. For I couldn't wait until this is all over. I won't stop fighting until I can finally give Alice the happy life she wants and deserves.

It wasn't long before she had fallen asleep. I kissed her forehead, then tucked her in. She held the pillow close to her. After standing up, I took one last look at my sleeping beauty, before leaving the bedroom. The room grew quiet, as I entered the living room.

"What happened to coming right back out?" Alex teased me.

"She wanted me to lay with her until she fell asleep," I said in defense.

"I'm sure that's what happened," Damon joked.

"You would know if something were to have happened," I said with a smirk.

"Okay, that's enough. I don't want to hear this," My gram said while making a disgusted face.

"Besides we have other things to discuss," Tara said in a calm voice.

"So, what happens now?" I asked.

"Its not safe here anymore. We will leave tomorrow. This fight isn't over,"
Emrick said.

"Why? What did you see?" I asked as I leaned against the wall.

"He isn't dead. Seriously injured, but not dead. He was summoned by someone, that is why he had just vanished. The baby that they took, is a powerful one. She could destroy us all," Tara said.

"Wait they? Who took the baby? Why is she so powerful?" I asked.

"Sophia wasn't working alone. It was the betrayer. We know he's not dead. He is still alive and is working with them. We also know that he is the one who helped Sophia find the baby," Emrick said.

"She is a powerful being. She was a corrupted soul. Cursed in the womb. A baby born from a pure human, but made by a powerful source. A source of which we do not know," Tara said.

"He will die! I won't let him get away with it! He's the reason she's dead! As for the baby, Claire had two of them. Why isn't the boy the same?" A startling voice came from behind me.

I turned around to see a fully awake Alice.

"I thought you were asleep," I said in a confused tone.

"I woke up shortly after you left the room. I've been listening," She said as she crossed her arms.

"Well, to answer your question. The boy absorbed the good, the pureness of Claire's soul. It could not be split. So the two of them are different. Its like a ying yang symbol. A dark half and a light half, but both have a piece of each other," Tara said.

"Claire.... Why does that name sound so familiar..." I said.

"Because you saved her in the alley. You thought she was me," Alice said.

"That's the mother of the babies?" I asked confused.

"Yes, but she is dead. I made a promise to keep her babies safe, but I have failed her," Alice said as a single tear ran down her face.

(Alice's POV)

Anna hugged me, and I could feel his warmth between us. She looked up at me and smiled.

"You did not fail her. We still have him. We will get the girl back," Anna said as she handed the baby to me.

"She's right," Ceciellia said.

I looked up at Ceciellia, and she smiled at me. There was something in her eyes. She looked at me differently. As if something had changed in her. She didn't seem to dislike me as much.

I went to look at Tate, who was looking at the baby. Gently rubbing his finger against his cheek. The baby cooed and smiled. I couldn't help, but to giggle myself. It was the cutest and most sweetest thing I'd ever seen.

"He's so small and looks so innocent," Tate said with a half smile.

"Do you want to hold him?" I asked.

Tate looked up at me with a surprised look on his face.

"Can I?" He asked.

"Yes," I said with a smile, as I placed the baby gently into Tate's arms.

I watched as the baby nuzzled his face against Tate's chest.

"He really likes you," I said.

"You should have seen him with Ali. He was always holding her and playing with her," Alex said.

"I can't help that babies love me," Tate said as he started to rock the baby gently side to side.

I touched the babies hand, and he gripped my finger. Suddenly I froze up, and couldn't breath. My vision started to blur. My muscles tensed up, and I started to see darkness. What was happening?

When my vision came back, I was no longer in the living room. I was now standing in a room. A room I hadn't seen before. I could hear talking, as well as the sound of a baby crying. Following my instincts, I searched for the source of the sound, and found Sophia putting hand covers on the baby girl.

"Why do I have to put these on her?" She asked.

"Because if she were to touch you with her hands, she will kill you," A voice behind me said.

I turned to see an unfamiliar face. A man. He was wearing a leather jacket, jeans, and a white T-shirt. He looked like he was in his late 20s or early 30s. I wonder if that is him...

"How's Kane?"Sophia asked.

"He's in critical condition. He's healing, but slowly," He said with a shrug.

"Take the baby, I'm going to check on him," Sophia said as she carried the baby over to him.

She handed him the baby, and started to walk towards the door. That's when she walked right through me. For a moment, I thought she had felt me, because she stopped dead in her tracks. She then proceeded to walk out of the room. I didn't follow her. I'd rather stay in this room, and watch this strange man holding the baby.

"Wait until you start growing. You're going to be one very powerful weapon. I mean you are my daughter after all. So, of course you will be. I was the guardian of the Immortals, and I can teach you everything you need to know. You'll have people begging for mercy. Begging for there lives. I will teach you to show no mercy," He said with a wicked laugh.

My head began to spin... He was the betrayer... And he's the father of Claire's babies... I will kill him for what he has done... My chest started to feel heavy, as my vision began to blur again. I was returning to my body.

(Pic is of the Betrayer)