Waking Up To You

Lucy POV

I woke up to Happy shaking me. "Lucy." He whispered again.

"What? Just five more minutes!" I groaned turning over in the surprisingly comfy bed.

He laughed slightly. "I'm just going to get some fish tell Natsu if he asks okay?"

"Ya ya!" I turned over again, hoping to escape his voice. "Just don't be surprised if you're back before he wakes up." I said still half asleep.

"Alrighty. He just doesn't remember things if I tell him this early."

"Yup." I mumbled falling back into my pillow. I heard the window close signaling his departure. I felt a shift in the bed and quickly looked that way.

Oh I almost forgot, Natsu's in here as well. I smiled to myself. He's so cute when he sleeps. Well he's cute all the time but especially when he sleeps. I sighed and ran my hand through his hair, slightly surprised and slightly not at how soft it was.

I pulled back immediately when he stirred.

"Lucy" he said rolling over and putting his arm over me.

"Of course" I mumbled. I tried to move his hand but it wouldn't budge. Every time I tried to move it he would just hold tighter.

"No! Lucy's mine!" He said furrowing his eyebrows.

"Natsu." I whispered looking up at his face. I realized then that it was only a few inches away from mine, when did that happen? I mentally killed myself. I should've just hopped out of bed when I had the chance, I lectured myself.

When I looked back up at Natsu his eyes were open and he was just staring at me.

"Don't do that! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" I exasperated, trying to remove his arm but he pulled it tighter still.

"Lucy." He said seriously, looking straight into my eyes.

My heart started beating faster. I was barely audible as I answered, "yes?"

"Did you order breakfast yet?" He deadpanned.

I kicked him out of the bed while screaming, "idiot!"

"Hey Lucy wait up!" Natsu yelled. We were heading onto the train to go back home but I was still thinking about this morning. I shook my head and sighed when it still did nothing to remove the image of his face so close to mine.

"Come on Natsu or we'll miss the train!" I said using my hands to emphasize my point.

"Do we have to take the train? I mean we could just walk, it's a lovely day!" He said grinning, what a doofus.

"No Natsu, Happy and I are both waiting for you on the train!" With that I grabbed his arm and dragged him onto the train just in time for the doors to close behind us. I sighed,  just a couple seconds later and we would have been left behind.

We found Happy and sat down. Natsu immediately got sick once the train started. And I noticed then that his motion sickness was probably the only thing I could live without.

Natsu POV

"Hey everyone we're back!" I called out as soon as we entered the guild doors.

Lucy went straight to Levy who hugged her and started talking with her. Girls I sighed. I saw Gray and decided that I just wasn't up for fighting today.

Usually I would, just to take my mind off things, but today I couldn't stop thinking about this morning.

I had a dream that someone had taken her. It had been my fault and she had ended up— I shook my head. I lifted my head and found her easily. She had been so close this morning, I wanted it like that every morning.

Suddenly I got an idea. Lucy and I have been a team for so long and I've liked her the whole time. I mean it's not like she's had any boyfriends or anything either. I needed to just do it. I needed to tell her how I felt.

I don't know what I'd do if she didn't return the feelings but at least I could say I tried.

With that I looked up and saw the most annoying person in front of me. I didn't even feel like teaching this icicle a lesson. The realization made me smile slightly. She made me so confused that I didn't feel like fighting. She consumed me more and took more out of me than any fight ever would.

"Look Gray," I said not even looking at him, " I don't feel like fighting today." With that I turned to leave but was stopped by the most beautiful voice ever.

"Natsu wait for me!" Lucy cried as she ran to catch up with me.

"Where's Happy?" I asked looking around. Her figure by mine within a second. I stopped the blush that almost raised to my cheeks. So apparently once I admit it to myself then my body decides to show it.

"He's with Carla. He said that he was gonna leave on a mission with her and Wendy." She replied unbothered.

"Okay let's go. I'll walk you home." I said straight faced. But in my peripheral vision I caught a sight of Gray looking at us and smirking like he knew something I didn't. Ill definitely fight him tomorrow. With that last thought I walked Lucy home.

Hey hope you liked it! Tell me what you think so far!