Simple Misunderstandings

Lucy POV

I needed to tell him I was with Natsu. He deserved this at least. I looked up at him. I had found him in a private hallway.

I looked up to see him staring at me with honest worry. I broke down again.

"I hate Natsu!" I said my voice catching.

He looked confused.

"What did he do to you? Did he hurt you? If he did I swear I'll-" I cut him off. 

"No it's okay. I was just being naïve! Thinking that he could actually love me!" I was frustrated. How could i have gone along with this. Of course I knew that Natsu really couldn't ever be mine. I've never been able to keep the things I love.

"I would never deceive you." He looked down at me. He grabbed my cheek softly making me look up. No I couldn't go through with this either. I grabbed his hand softly taking it off of me.

I took a couple steps back. I kept trying to catch my breath, but every time I got close it would run faster. I wanted to cry but I just didn't have the tears at the moment.

I looked up to the boy I had run to. The person I felt I trusted enough to see me like this. The one I knew that could comfort me. I looked up at him.

"Thank you, Liam." I said. He just smiled. But I could see the hurt in his eyes. He had been rejected twice now by me. I heard someone running towards us. I leaned to see the last person I wanted to see.

I suddenly grew furious. This boy was in for the ride of his life!

Natsu POV

I ran after Lucy. She had a head start so I did not see where she went. I was asking a lot of people if they saw her. After a couple minutes someone told me she went down the west hallway. I hurried that way.

I saw two figures as I ran farther down the way. They were thankfully far apart. I was relieved to see it was Lucy. But when I saw who the other person was I was suddenly hit with pain.

She ran to him when she was crying. I felt miserable. I've never felt so useless or thrown away, unwanted in my life. Lucy the women that drove the wheel of my life was at first driving me to fun places but was now leading through an emotional break down and heading straight for a cliff.

One look at her and I could see every emotion that wasn't clear earlier and some that were. Now her eyes shown anger, pain, guilt, pity, hate, love, and mostly just tears. They were stained across her cheeks. They still flowed out of her eyes.

She still had a furious look on. But couldn't keep it strong as she collapsed to the ground and poured her heart out.

"How could you!" She whispered. " I thought you loved me!"

"Lucy! I do-" she interrupted me with a laugh. It wasn't a- oh that was s funny joke laugh but a- how stupid could i have been!

She started to wipe away her tears. It pained me to see her wiping them. I wanted to be there. The one comforting her not herself.

"Oh Natsu." She sighed sadly. "How naive I was. To think that you could ever love me that you could ever actually be mine." She was so distraught it broke my heart.

"Lucy, please!" I could feel the tears running down my cheeks. I'd never been so sad in my life. The thought of losing her, I-it drove me insane I-I couldn't do it I just couldn't.

I looked up to see Liam. I forgot he was there. I coward down. Lucy trusted this guy where she didn't trust me.

"Natsu" Lucy said sternly, but then her voice cracked on her next sentence," I hate you!" She started to cry again as she fled away toward the carriages. Liam was one step behind her.

Did I hear her correctly. I fell to my knees and cried. I felt like such a baby, so humiliated. Lucy hated me and it was all my fault.

Lucy POV

After awhile I was back to the Lotsicker's mansion. I ran straight to my room and locked the door. I didn't want to see ANYONE tonight. After Liam had caught up to me he had put me in a carriage and sent me home safely. He had kissed my cheek and told me to get some rest.

I climbed in to bed. I started thinking about Natsu. The look of horrid on his face the pain he held in his eyes. I regretted everything I had done. It then donned on me that Amelia was the one who had kissed him. So I had just over reacted a ton!

I didn't even let him speak! Why was I even mad! Liam and I had kissed! I could have just called it even! I was crying hard! I just wanted Natsu back. I walked to the door and unlocked it.

I knew I was getting my hopes up in thinking Natsu would lay with me tonight but I still wished it. I slowly walked back to my bed. I was sniffling and new my makeup had gone everywhere. I just couldn't find the heart to care. My heart had been given to Natsu and he gave it back smashed. Then I realized that he wasn't the only one that has cracked it.

I had inflicted some of my own pain and blamed it on him. This whole time Natsu had been fixing my heart. I had just basically laughed in his face and tore it apart in front of him.

But not only had I ripped my heart up, but I had a feeling that Natsu's would never be the same either.

Before I new it, I was asleep.

Hey thanks for reading! I'm glad I posted two chapters! Woohoo! Do you guys feel bad for them? Cause I do!