The Ambassador

Lucy POV

The ambassador just walked in when Amelia was getting a bit to close to Natsu. I was glad he walked in or I would have interrupted them myself.

The ambassador was and old man in a white robe. Amelia was telling us, that he was jut here to check on the couple, to make sure they were ready to get married, for the commitment.

Amelia also told us that he was in on the deal. He was just here to make sure Natsu qualified for this role.

You know for this not being real, Amelia was really going all out. She didn't think that anything would really happen did she?

After the meeting the ambassador left. Amelia informed us that Natsu was going to get dance lessons for the ball. Ball?

Apparently we're going to have a ball. At that ball is when we'll meet Lord Senford, aka the monster.

Natsu seemed appalled at the idea to have to take lessons.

"I already know how to dance." He defended, "Lucy taught me." He said pointing at me. I blushed.

"Um, Natsu? That's great and all, but, we actually have a traditional dance that we do here." Amelia said.

"Well then , can I at least learn the dance with Lucy?" Natsu asked Amelia. She suddenly brightened.

"Why don't I be your dancing partner?" She seemed pleased that she had asked. Natsu looked over toward me.

"Um, thanks and all, but, I'd actually rather dance with Lucy." Natsu was staring at me and smiling. I couldn't help but smile back and blush. That is until I saw Amelia's face. She seemed furious that she wasn't the one Natsu picked. And she also did do a good job trying to hide it. She quickly smiled when Natsu looked back at her with questioning eyes.

I can't believe Amelia actually likes him. I mean, well, I can believe it, but he's mine. Why else would she get super jealous. It made me smile the fact that I could make her mad. Then I started to remember more about our friendship before I left, or should I say the reason I left.

I loved somebody named Nathaniel Whekin. I thought he loved me back until I saw him and Amelia kissing. That's why I ran away, I had a broken heart. It didn't help that, at the same time, my dad was driving me crazy. It was the first time it had happened, I didn't know what else to do, but run away. There was no one I could talk to.

So now, the same, Amelia Lotsicker, is back to steal my next lover. Well that isn't going to happen again. Natsu loves me. I knew that for a fact.

She could never have him.

Natsu POV

Ugh, dance lessons? Seriously? It seems that this job just gets more complicated every day. At least I get to dance with Lucy. There's no one else I rather pick.

Dance lessons started the following day, so we had the rest of the day off. I really need to talk to Lucy about this. I mean, a ball? I know she's used to them and that's what I'm worried about. What if someone recognizes her?

I can't care about this right now! The ball is in five days! I'm freaking out! Right now I'm in Lucy's and my room. She's sitting on the bed watching me pace. Her face was one of worry.

"Natsu! Calm down, would ya." She said sternly making me stop to stare at her. She's right! What am I doing? I never care this much what is going on? I can't freak out again! Ugh!

I walked over to Lucy. She was laying against the pillows now. I climbed onto the bed and put my head on her lap. She gently pulls her fingers through my hair. It felt amazing! I felt all my worries float away.

"Hey Lucy? What's your history with Amelia?" I asked curious, as my eyes went up to her face, she didn't make eye contact.

"Lucy? What's wrong?" I asked searching her eyes. She finally made eye contact, and, laughed?

"Funny you should ask. I actually just remembered everything today myself. It turns out Amelia is the reason I ran away. It was because she stole my first love. I had completely forgotten, after all these years of wanting to forget I finally did." She said still combing my hair but looking at it not me. I scowled.

"You never told me, that you had a love before me." I said bitterly.

"I don't like to mention it." She said, looking sad.

"Lucy look at me!" I said grabbing her face with my hands. "What happened?" She sighed.

"Well, like I told you I loved him. A-and she stole him from me. She kissed him! I hated her and couldn't face him, so I ran away. I didn't really care back then. About the money my status. I still don't but, sometimes I think what it would have been like for me if I had stayed, and I hate every scenario. " she smiled.

"If not for Amelia, then I wouldn't have met you." Lucy said looking down at me. She smiled. Then I saw a tear escape. It slid down her cheek soundlessly. I put my hand up and wiped it away.

"Natsu." She said, eyes closed, smiling, but still somewhat crying. "I'm so glad I met you! And all of fairy tail!"

I sat up and hugged her. She collapsed in my arms. She held on to me tight but didn't make a sound.

I didn't know how much time had passed, but I looked down and realized that Lucy was asleep. I chuckled.

"I guess that crying wore you out." I whispered. Careful not to wake her up. I gently laid her down. I pulled the covers up over her. I went and locked the door. Still being cautious, I tiptoed back over to the bed. I gently got in. I pulled Lucy closer to me, her back to my chest.

Don't worry Luce. I won't ever kiss another girl, or make you cry. I will, always, and forever, love you. With that final thought I bent down, kissed her forehead, and fell into a deep sleep.

Hey! How was the chapter! Do you like Amelia? Or just want Nalu to make it out alive? Don't forget, Gray is still there to see everything that happens! Thanks for reading!