Another Mission

Lucy POV

"Hey Natsu? Can we try and not wreck the whole village this time?" I asked sincerely as we got closer to our mission.

"I'm not that destructive." He pouted. The trail opened up to the town as buildings appeared around us. I turned around to see the sun just starting to set.

"Let's check into the hotel first. The monster won't be out until after dark." I stated, taking the lead.

"Let's go!" Natsu and happy said simultaneously. I shook my head as they laughed. It's crazy that it's already been a month since the Grand Magic Games, since Fairy Tail had returned as the top guild. I looked around once more then let a small smile sneak onto my face.

"What!!!!" I cried, my eyes searching the surprisingly small room. "Natsu you said this room had two beds!" There was one queen bed and a small excuse for a couch a dresser and a tv.

"Come on Luce, this was the cheapest room they had available." Natsu shrugged, making it obvious how much he really didn't care.

"Well then, I guess you don't care about sleeping on the floor!" I stomped my foot and folded my arms. Throwing a child's tantrum isn't the most efficient way to get what you want but after walking all day and thinking about having to go back out to kill the monster created a bigger headache than I had the patience for.

"Oh come on Luce!" When I still didn't let up he threw his hand out and pointed at the bed, "that's a queen bed. You can't have that all to yourself!" He said exasperated.

"You're right! She won't have it all to herself because I'll be sleeping on it too!" Happy said matter-of-factly. Natsu's reaction was nearly funny enough to have even me laughing, but i kept my face thankfully neutral. It didn't last long anyway, because I had to correct the newest issue.

"Oh? Who gave you permission?" I said with feigned confusion. Now Happy and Natsu were both whining. Their voices quieted suddenly though, as they started to whisper to each other in low voices.

I watched with furrowed eyebrows until Natsu's head shot up. "Nope it's two against one you can sleep on the-" he stopped as he looked at the other furniture in the room—or the lack thereof— and finished, "couch." Upon seeing my unamused expression he added, "Well that thing or the bed with me and Happy."

"Th-that's not fair! I'm the girl here!" I tried to argue but it was clearly futile. Their expressions stayed the same until I did what they wanted: caved.

"Fine! I'll sleep on the bed with you." I said, nearly failing at reigning all my frustration in. One more stupid word out of his mouth though and I held no promises.

"Great now that that's settled, lets eat!" Natsu said holding his stomach.

"Aye sir!" Happy replied right on his tail as they set their stuff down and walked back to the doors.

"Fine! But-" They stopped and looked at me. I smirked, "you guys have to pay." With that I walked passed their surprised expressions into the cold night air.

"Lucy! Why are you being so difficult today?" Natsu sighed as he caught up with me.

"Stop your whining or you'll always be paying!" I snapped. I blocked out his voice as I tried to remember the map I had studied of this town. Food would be at least a 5 minute walk.

My concentration was cut off when Natsu stopped walking. "Fine then we're not paying for you!" Natsu said as if he had just put his foot down, as if now I should be sorry. Jokes on him because I wasn't.

Natsu POV

She smirked at me.

"That's fine by me," she shrugged. "I won't be drying up my wallet for you guys so I'll have plenty of money for myself." She turned on her heel and walked away, her head high but her shoulders tense.

What's going on with her? Was she mad at me for the room? Probably. Or because I made her walk instead of taking the train? Or both.

"Hey Luce?" I started as I caught up to her side. "I'm sorry if I made you mad or for whatever is making you so mad." I said shoving my hands in my pockets.

She seemed to be caught off guard by my words and stopped where she was. I looked at the ground to avoid her stern gaze.

"Natsu-" She paused a second too long making me look up to find the problem. I saw her looking around and then with an irritated voice she asked. "Where's Happy?"

I looked around too. He was no where in sight. When did that happen?

"Happy!" I called. Just when I was starting to get worried I saw him flying at us at full speed.

"Guys you know that monster we were supposed to kill? Well, I think I found it!" He said out of breath.

It was then that I realized the sun had already set, the cold setting in just as quickly.

"Well let's go kill ourselves some monster!" I yelled running in the direction Happy came.

Lucy POV

I ran straight after Natsu, Happy following behind me.

We stopped when Natsu did. The monster popping out soon after.

"Happy, how did you run across the monster?" I asked when I realized just how big it was. I watched as Natsu seemed to be enjoying himself and almost didn't hear Happy when he replied.

"Well, I went to go get some fish to get away from you guys fighting." He replied sheepishly. I only rolled my eyes and looked up at Natsu's exclamations.

He was standing next to the now dead monster with still way too much energy. I took a deep breath and smiled.

"Wow Natsu that took you forever!" Happy nawed on his fish seemingly  annoyed. "I almost thought about sending in Lucy to help you out." He chuckled slightly.

"That was fast!" He yelled toward the blue exceed.

"Okay it's been a long day lets just go to the room and order room service." I said drained and I didn't even do anything. I started the walk back towards the road, my legs suddenly feeling tired from sprinting earlier.

"Hey Luce what do you want me to do with this monster?" Natsu asked calling after me.

"Just take it back to the guy who put up the request." I was confused when he said he wanted to keep the monster but a job is a job.

When I didn't hear a reply I turned around. Natsu was looking at happy then the monster like a lost puppy. This was gonna be a long night.

Hey hope you liked it!!!