Saving Natsu

Lucy POV

I gathered everybody up around eleven. Clearly something has happened to Natsu. I just hope I'll be able to apologize.

Who would even want to hurt Natsu? Who's even strong enough to hurt Natsu? But, wait, what if Natsu ran away? Maybe he doesn't want to see me.

I didn't care. I was still going to look for him. There's still a small chance that he's in trouble. I'd never be able to live with myself if something happened to him.

We all left and went into our own little search parties.

Mira and Lissana
Juvia and Gray
Gageel and Levy
And Happy and me.

"Now! Split up into your groups and search the forest around the trail he took!" I said sending the groups in different directions. Somehow I had been elected captain of this little search.

Not that I had a problem with it but I felt a lot of weight. If we couldn't help Natsu, I'd blame myself.

After everyone was gone Happy and I took off in the last direction. Although it's highly unlikely that his captor would've kept in the woods it was a good place to start.

"So Lucy. How was your mission?" He asked flying along side me.

"It was," no need to lie," horrible, actually.

"Oh I'm sorry." He said looking over at me. Everything about our mission rushed back to me. I pushed away the thoughts of the ball where everything went wrong. And instead I thought about when we first got there.

How Natsu and I would lay together at night. How we would steal kisses when nobody was looking. I missed Natsu. A lot. Last night when I slept alone, I realized how safe his warm body makes me feel.

When I saw him I would forgive him and apologize. I had to make things right! I was thinking and not watching the trail, as my left foot twisted over a rock. I fell to the ground. Happy laughed. Are you okay.

Ok? OKAY? No I'm not okay! I want to go dive under a rock and not deal with this but I have to. For Natsu.

I got up and dusted myself off and kept walking. Please let me find Natsu! I pleaded in my head.

After that Happy and I walked silently for about two hours before we declared ourselves lost. We were hungry and tired.

Why didn't I plan ahead for this happening? We went and sat down on a log that was to the right of us. Happy collapsed onto the log with a thud.

I sat down next to him. Luckily I had brought water. I handed him some and he till out a fish and ate silently. I really didn't mind though.

Right now I wasn't hungry. I was too busy thinking about where Natsu might be. The sun was practically right above us, so I figured it was around two or three.

I stood up and stretched popping my back while doing it. It felt great. I started thinking. Then I turned around and my mind went blank.

Right in front of me were ruins of some old castle, kingdom, thing. All I know was that the buildings were in ruins and it was truly an amazing sight.

Happy was surprised to see it too. I turned to him and nodded. He nodded back and we started on our way to the ruins.

If I were the one to find Natsu, it'd be totally cliche. Like all the books I read.

As we walked around the buildings I was mystified at all the moss that had started to grow on the rotting buildings.

I suddenly heard a creaking sound like someone shutting a metal gate and spun around. I grabbed Happy and pulled us behind a building as a watched a hooded figure cross the grass and into the forest.