The Hardest Mission

Gray POV

"Gray!" I heard Natsu say. I just chuckled.

"Huh? Gray? What are you doing here?" Lucy asked. Completely baffled by me showing up.

"Well!" I dragged out. "Long story short, Mira, told me to check on you." I smiled. They looked at me, as if expecting more.

When I realized this I just shrugged. Man their faces were priceless! Especially Natsu's!

"And?" Lucy said, spinning her hand in circles.

"And what? I said long story, short." I said looking at Lucy. She seemed irritated.

"Oh, Lucy? Is this also someone from fairy tail? Are they gonna help too!" This girl next to Lucy said. She must be some person who set up the mission.

The way she asked though, was almost like she knew Lucy? Eh whatever. The girl sounded super giddy when she asked too! Who even is she?

"Huh!" Lucy looked completely irritated at the idea.

Lucy looked at the girl, and looked like she was gonna say no. The girl must have caught on, because, before Lucy could say anything, this girl said.

"Oh! Please! I insist! The more the merrier!" She said. Okay so I guess I'm in on the mission too now?

Natsu looked absolutely horrified at the idea. He quickly shook his. When he was gonna say something, Lucy beat him to it.

"I guess. If you really want him here." Lucy said with a sigh. Geez! Do they hate me or something? I'm not that bad!

"Okay then." I said, "I'm Gray. Nice to meet you." I put my hand out. She just stairs down at it. So I put it back in my pocket. Man! I already look like an idiot!

"My name is Amelia Lotsicker. Nice to meet you too!" She nods and says. "Okay now let's meet my father! He's the one that will tell you about the mission!"

She knocks on the door.

"Come in." Says a deep voice from behind the doors.

Natsu POV

Dang what's Gray doing here! I'm pretty sure Lucy picked this mission because it was just going to be her and me! This stupid popsicle! He's ruining everything.

"Come in." Said a deep voice from behind the doors. That must be Lord Lotsicker. Amelia opened the doors and walked in, us behind her.

This guys' office was huge! Bookshelves lined up on the walls. A huge desk with tons of papers, which he looked like he was working on. He had pictures on a shelf to his side. And one frame on his desk, that looked like a family portrait.

"Father these are the wizards from fairy tail." Amelia said in a calm voice.

"I see. Let me explain your mission then." He started then stopped and spoke again.

"Do you guys promise to take this mission? And not back out?" He said eyeing all three of us.

"We will help you sir, that's a promise." Lucy said.

"Do you fairies go back on your word?" He raised an eyebrow. Who does he think we are!

"Of course not sir, we would never." I said. I surprised myself with the way it came out so mature. I looked over at Lucy and she winked at me. Man I love her.

Then I looked over to Gray, relieved that he didn't see it.

"Okay then, here is the mission. One of you, gentlemen, must pretend to be my daughters fiancé." He stared Gray and me down.

"Only pretend." He said to make it more clear.

"Okay so, can I ask you one thing?" I said, this guy already making me annoyed.

"Yes, you may." Lord Lotsicker said.

"Does this, or does this not, have anything to do with the flyer?" I said holding up the flyer in my hand. He chuckled.

"Very much so. We are trying to save my daughter from a greedy man. He wants to marry her, but she said, that she was already engaged, so the man wanted to meet him. Or should I say one of you." The Lord leaned forward on his desk.

"I say Gray." I said casually. There was no way I could do this when I'm already in love. It'd feel to awkward to pretend to be in love, when the person that I love is watching from the sidelines! I couldn't do it.

"Naw! I'm not the guy for the job! My good buddy Natsu over here though, seems to be the perfect guy for you!" Gray said. That ice-cube!

"After all, I do have this really bad habit of undressing myself." He said and I looked down to see that his shirt was off. When the heck did that happen? I was utterly confused.

"He does have a point, father. So I guess I'll be going with you!" Amelia said, slinging her arm through mine. I looked over to see Lucy, trying so hard not to freak out. This was what I was afraid of.

"I mean, Natsu, you are single aren't you?" Gray said eyeing me. I choked. Goodness! I've never felt so dry throated in my life. I looked over at Lucy. I looked down.

"Yeah, I'm single." I felt sick. I could see Lucy was uneasy too. I felt bad I was putting her through this. And this was her child hood friend! Darn Gray! I should've forced you to do this job!

I felt miserable. I looked at my arm, only to see the wrong girl at my side.

Hey! How'd you like the new chapter! Thank you so much for reading!  Were you surprised that Gray was there? Will he be the first to find out about Nalu? I'll try to update soon!