Questions

Lucy POV

When we got back to the guild it was dark. We had relied on Natsu's fire most of the time. When we got back all the other groups were there.

They were really happy to us especially because we were with Natsu. They were all proud of me for finding him, but for some reason Natsu seemed distant from me.

"Natsu? How are feeling? Who was your captor?" Lissana asked.

"Um, I'm good I guess. My captor?" He turned to Gray. "It was Liam." He announced and Gray was the only one who understood. I fact he stood there gaping.

"Liam?" He turned to me. I just shrugged.

"He said he was going it for me. I just wish I had gotten to punch him now." I said looking at Natsu. He didn't look at me. In fact it seemed as if he was avoiding me.

Gray laughed. "Okay I get it now!" He said looking between us. But his laughter was short lived as Natsu turned to me with a mixed expression of anger and sadness.

"Why'd you do it Lucy?" He asked softly. He was really hurt. I didn't even know what he was talking about.

"Why'd you kiss Liam?" Again Gray was the only other person who would know what was going on because he knew about us. Him and I both held our breaths.

I was wrong however as I heard a gasp behind me. I turned to see Happy. Oh right he also knew about us. Other than that, everyone looked really confused.

Mira chuckled nervously.

"Ok! Time to go inside!" She said dragging Lissana, Gageel, Levy, Juvia, and Gray along with her. Right as she left she grabbed Happy and took him with them too.

It was awkward between Natsu and I.

Natsu POV

When everyone left Lucy just stood there awkwardly.

"So, he told you then." Lucy said looking down.

"Yeah he did. I just have one question, or two. When and why did this happen?"  I wanted to hear the answer she gave me. I can usually tell when Lucy is lying which I think is convenient.

She still didn't look up as she answered.

"Well it happened the first time we saw each other. But! I did NOT kiss him back. I pushed him back. And I have plenty of times since then. As for the why. I would be lying if I said that there wasn't one point in my life that I liked him.

"The Liam I knew was a great guy. I hate to see that he turned out this way. But I want to apologize to you. For everything. If I hadn't suggested the mission then none of this would have happened." She was crying now. Oh Lucy, I hate it when you cry.

"I forgive you. But I also need to apologize. For agreeing to the mission. When I knew that it was an old friend of yours I thought that you'd want to stay. I was obviously wrong." I said this as I held her in my arms. Luckily I wasn't crying.

"Well I forgive you obviously but it wasn't your fault. I'm just glad you forgive me." She exhaled relief. I hated to burst her bubble but I had too.

"But." I paused pulling her away from me. This whole mission as done things that I can't simply unsee or unhear. "Lucy I think we should break up." She was to surprised to react.

"N-Natsu?" This was harder than I thought.

"Lucy I'm going to leave for a while. I just can't handle this right now." She started to cry again but this time the tears just fell down her cheeks as she stood still as a rock.

"Natsu! Please, don't leave! I love you!" She held a tight grip on my shirt. I sighed.

"I'm sorry Luce." I removed her hand and walked off. I didn't turn around but I could hear her fall behind me. It took all my will power not to turn around and comfort her.

I really did love Lucy. But there was no way I could say that and still have the strength to leave.

I headed straight for the guild where I would find Happy. Hopefully that is. I want to be a on the road as fast as I can.

When I entered the guild everyone looked behind me probably expecting Lucy to pop out. That just made me hurt more.

"Let's go Happy." At first he was reluctant to follow and I almost thought he wouldn't. Then he floated toward me.

After a little conversation or a little argument and some sleep, Happy and I were finally on our way. By now the sun was just rising.

The sun rise was many colors but the one that stood out the most was yellow. Yellow. Like Lucy's hair. Lucy is my sun. One day, I'd prove that to her. I took one last look at Magnolia then walked forward.

I never looked back again.

Lucy POV

I woke up. I already expected Natsu to be gone. And he was. I wanted to die to go live under a rock. I wanted to wait for him. But. I didn't know how long he would be gone. I don't even know where he went.

Little did I know that would be the last time I saw Natsu for two years.

Hey! Surprised or what! Thanks for reading! Sorry for any mistakes!