The Talk

Lucy POV

We just had breakfast and I am now heading to dance lessons. This day is already going by super fast. This morning, when I woke up, Natsu wasn't there.

It turns out he had trouble sleeping so he just got up early. But I think he looks great for not getting a lot of sleep. Actually he seems real happy too.

At breakfast he kept laughing with Amelia. Gray must have noticed it because he tried to make small talk. It didn't really work my mind was elsewhere. Watching him with Amelia, gave me a glimpse of what it would be like to see him with another girl. It was like a knife to my gut.

I felt sick. I had excused myself to the bathroom. When I came back, the butler told me they were already in the dancing room. So that's where I was headed. I really do wonder what went on with Natsu and Amelia? They just are too close! Even for there situation.

I enter the ballroom.

Natsu POV

"Lucy what are you doing?" I asked disgusted. I looked straight at her to see her smiling. Some faceless guy in front of her. She kissed him while smiling, and knowing I was there.

I woke up with a start. What was that! I'm even breathing heavy. I felt my face to feel that tears had stained it.

I look at the clock, 6:30. Lucy would be waking up in an hour. There was no way I was gonna fall asleep again after that! I hopped out of bed. I went to the bathroom and washed my face. I was waiting for the dream to disappear, but it never faded.

Every time I closed my eyes I could see her with, him. I don't even know who he is! This is driving my crazy. I left the room.

When I was down the hallway, closer to the kitchen, I could smell breakfast. It sounded delicious, even though I knew I wouldn't get any until everyone was here.

I was in a hallway when I saw a glass door connected to it. I could see that a balcony branched off of it. Well that's convenient. I went outside.

The morning air smells nice. I watched as the sun started to rise. I haven't seen a sun rise in a while. Then I saw someone out of the corner of my eye. They were looking at me and walking towards me.

I was about to charge when I realized it was only Amelia.

"Uh, good morning." I said then looked back at the sun.

"Good morning Natsu!" She said cheerfully. Her blonde curls hung loosely by her face. Her blue eyes looked bright compared to the dull sky. I couldn't help but stare. She giggled.

"Take a picture it lasts longer!" She said still giggling. I blushed.

"What are you doing up so early?" She asked. Staring out at the sun.

"I, uh, had a bad dream." I said. I didn't really want to explain what it was about.

"Oh." She said. "Um, Natsu?"

"Yeah?" I was still not looking at her.

"Are you and Lucy? You know? Um." I didn't know what to say. Would Lucy want me tell her? I can't do that to Lucy!

"N-no. What gave you that idea?" It was a good thing I was not looking at her. I was probably blushing like an idiot. Anytime you ask about Lucy this happens.

"Oh. Okay! Good!" She said smiling. I was at a loss for words. What does she mean good? Then she started talking again.

"I only say that because, I know I could never compete with her." She was smiling sadly at the sun, as I gaped finally looking at her.

"Before Lucy left she had a boyfriend. His name was Nate. They were really close and I hated it. I really liked him but he chose her. They were really cute together." Where was this even going. If she was trying to make me annoyed she was succeeding. She continued.

"So, I decided to change that. I knew when and where they were going to meet up, so, I met him there first. I kissed him right as Lucy was walking up. She didn't give him time to explain. That afternoon I found out that her father wanted to make an arranged marriage for her. That's why she ran away." She paused for a second, then continued.

"I never forgave myself. I've felt guilty ever since. I still do. When I heard she'd gone missing, I didn't know what to think. When I saw her. I-I didn't know what to do. So I welcomed her with open arms. She didn't seem to remember and for that I was glad. She was my best friend though. We did everything together. Until Nate came. She even told me she liked him. I still didn't back off." She really did sound broken. I was starting to have some respect for this lady.

"When she left, Nate wouldn't talk to me. That's when I realized where I went wrong. I wanted to apologize, but no one could seem to find her. So, I've lived with the guilt, still to this day." She finished and we looked at each other.

"Well then, I guess I have to thank you then." I smiled. She seemed confused. I continued.

"Thank you for making it possible for me to meet Lucy." I said then I turned to leave.

"Wait!" Amelia cried. I looked to see her cheeks red. She was blushing really hard. I wonder why? Did I say something?

"U-um, I-I guess I'll see you at breakfast then?" She was looking down. Right then I realized. Me and Amelia both love Lucy. Obviously in different ways, but we both do. I realized that we were going to be really good friends because of this talk.

I smirked and pulled her chin up. She was surprised and really red.

"Thank you, for this talk. I think we're going to get along real nicely." Then I turned and walked away. I couldn't wait to tell Lucy that Amelia was actually her friend!

I looked at the clock. It was already 7:20! I quickly hurried to the kitchen, eager for some food.

Hey! Hope you like it!