Gray's Talk

Natsu POV

By the time I got off the floor I had no more tears left. I walked toward the carriages. Right now I just really needed a friend.

Just then I watched as Gray appeared. Although he wasn't quite what I had hoped for he'd do. He knows me better than anyone else.

He walked towards me.

"Hey Natsu! Ready to head ba-" he stopped once he got a good look at me. "Are you okay?" He was genuinely worried about me. Suddenly I felt more tears rising. I shook my head and cried into my hands.

Gray looked dumbfounded. He looked around as if someone were going to pop out and tell him what happened.

He suddenly realized he was on his own and sighed.

"Let's go." He said as he helped me into the nearest carriage. He sat me down then say himself down across from me.

I was taking deep breathes trying to calm my heart. Lucy hadn't even let me speak! I was mad! I could've justified my case then my heart wouldn't have to be smashed right now by her words how could she say that to me!

"What happened?" Gray asked becoming annoyed by my crying.

"She said she hated me." I got out, my eyes watering.

"Who?" Gray was trying his best to get the information he needed and I knew I was being difficult to handle.

"Lucy." I looked out the window.

"Your crying because of a stupid reason like that! Come on Natsu!" He said now really annoyed. But he didn't understand anything not yet that is.

"No gray you don't understand." I said. His gave me a look that said- oh yeah try me. So I told him.

"Now don't interrupt me or I'll stop talking!" I warned. He just nodded.

"So first things first, Lucy Snd I were secretly dating" I confirmed. He punched his fists into the air above his head.

"I knew it!" He called. I gave him a dirty look. He stopped and listened so I continued.

"Lucy and I took this job to spend time together. Little did we know it would end up like this. Soon I was thrust into the role of Amelia's fiancé while Lucy was my guard. I liked to think that Lucy actually loved me as much as I love her.

"Well Lucy and I were close. We shared the same bed and we told each other that we loved each other." I paused. We did. Right? "Anyways, at the ball something happened." I stopped and looked at the ground "Amelia kissed me." I licked my lips. "And Lucy saw us." Gray gasped.

"You idiot!" He said, "this is all your fault and your problem. Lucy and I are on good terms right now and I don't need you ruining that! She's a great girl and you broke her heart! Natsu! Do yo see what you did to her! She thinks you didn't love her!" Gray was practically yelling at me. I didn't know he cared so much for Lucy.

Suddenly a pain bit my chest and a question turned up.

"Gray? Do you have feelings for Lucy?" Gray looked dumbstruck. Then he turned bright red. My heart sank. Why!?

"No!" He replied sharply after he saw my reaction. "The only feelings I have toward Lucy are friend ones. And like I said she's a great person. And she helps me out a lot." Then he mumbled" she helps me a lot with Juvia!" I laughed. I knew he liked Juvia! This simply proved my theory.

But what he said about Lucy was true and I felt terrible.

"Okay here's the plan since we're leaving tomorrow. I'm not going to be able to face Lucy but you can. You guys can ride the train home and I'll just walk. Then we'll meet up at fairy tail and I'll talk to Lucy." I said and Gray nodded.

The carriage stopped and we got out.

I arrived at Lucy's room expecting it to be locked but it wasn't. Does that mean that she is still awake? I opened the door and walked in since it was black.

I shut the door behind me and lit my hand on fire. I walked towards Lucy.

I was glad to see her blissful face. She looked comfortable and like she was sleeping happily.

I knew I wouldn't see her tomorrow morning because I would wake up earlier than her and leave. Lucy seemed to have something missing and as I looked down at her I realized she was shivering.

I saw the blankets kicked to the other end of the bed and quickly draped then over her. But as soon as they covered her she kicked them off. This women!

So I decided with myself. This probably would be the last night we both slept inside the same bed together.

I soon as I took off my outfit and traded it for some comfortable pants I laid down next to her. As soon as I laid close enough to her she wrapped her arms around me and snuggled her head into my chest.

I hugged her back and our legs twisted together.

And as I looked down, for the first time all night, I saw a smile appear on her face.

I kissed her forehead and fell asleep.

Hey guys thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed it! Any questions just ask!