Classes Begin, Second Class

Chapter 10: Classes Begin: Second class:

The bell chimed and students headed towards their second class.

Gabriel, Sam, Lucy, Keira, and Tristen headed to Defense Against Dark Arts class.

The younger three siblings giggle while heading to their next class.

Ebony also walked to her next class. She
could hear bits and pieces of various conversations, but was surprised to hear Tobias calling out for her. She blushed, glad he took an interest in her.

"EB! You left your quill behind," he said after finally catching up with her.

"Thanks," Ebony replied quietly, taking the quill. "I'll see you in class tomorrow."

"I have Transfiguration next."

"So do I." There was a look of surprise on Ebony's face.

Tobias beamed. "Small world. Mind if I walk with you?"

Ebony doesn't know how to answer. Before she can, Tobias was called to by other first-year Gryffindors.

"I'm sorry, EB. I'll rain check the walk, okay?"

"Sure." Ebony was secretly relieved.

She stared at Tobias until he disappeared from her line of vision. She continued her walk to Transfiguration class. Inside her knapsack was a sleeping Pig, whom she gave a sleeping charm to before the first class.

"I'm sorry, Pig. It won't harm you, though you will have a nasty appetite once you wake up."
Ebony continued walking to her Transfiguration class.

Meanwhile...

When Harry arrived in Potions class, Kaitlyn and Autumn asked him a question.

"Is it true? Do you really have.....the scar?" asked Kaitlyn.

"Oh!" said Harry, showing his scar like there's nothing really to hide.

"OH MY GOD!!!!" gasped Kaitlyn.

"So cool!" exclaimed Autumn.

Harry smiled. Afterwards, they sat in their seats waiting for Professor Snape.

Everyone is in their own conversation with other students until Snape entered the room.

They immediately become silent.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making." said Snape addressing the entire class.

"However, for those select few who possess the predisposition. I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death." replied Snape who only looked at Draco, who is amazed at Snape's presence and demeanor. He has found his role model teacher.

Something caught Snape's eye.

"Then again maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough... to not pay attention!" Snape was irritated at Mr. Potter who was continuously writing during Snape's lecture.

Hermione slapped Harry on the shoulder. Harry placed his quill back into the inkwell.

"Mr. Potter. Our new celebrity. Tell me, what I would get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape inquired.

Harry doesn't respond. Hermione raised her hand, ready to answer.

"You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, where would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Snape continued, now with an edge.