House Cup Reveal

Chapter 44: House Cup Reveal

A feast was held in the Great Hall. Slytherin banners hung throughout the hall. All four tables were loud as they all had separate conversations as they enjoyed the feast.

"I can't believe we lost this year," grumbled Cass with a frown.

"Hey, there's always next year." Blake tried to make the first-year students smile.

"He's right," responded Neville, trying to smile.

"This wouldn't of happened if Ron, Hermione, and Harry didn't sneak off so many times," sneered Nadine.

"Take it easy on them," replied Autumn, annoyed with her constant complaining.

McGonagall clinked her glass and everyone in the room became silent, darting their heads toward the sound. Albus Dumbledore stood up.

"Another year gone. And now as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding. And the points stand thus. In 4th place, Gryffindor, with 312 points." announced Dumbledore.

People clapped for good sportsmanship, yet the whole table was disappointed. They couldn't gain any points after Ron, Hermione, and Harry lost 150 points right before exams.

"3rd place, Hufflepuff with 352 points." announced Dumbledore.

People clapped politely.

"Not bad, I thought we'd come in last," Maddie spoke up.

"Yeah. Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, and Harry Potter lost points for their house several times. They could have beat Slytherin if they didn't," said Cedric with disappointment. 

"In 2nd place, Ravenclaw with 426 points," announced Dumbledore.

People clapped politely again. The Ravenclaw table was impressed.

"Hello, smart table here!" announced Tristen.

"Woo!" cheered Jennifer.

They applauded to themselves.

"Second place, not bad," said Sam.

"And in 1st place with 472 points, Slytherin house!!" announced Dumbledore.

Their table erupted in a roar of cheering and banging of the table. Everyone else clapped politely, knowing they didn't deserve to win.

"Yay!" shouted Arlen.

"Yes!" exclaimed Sebastian.

"Good job everyone," said Caleb, smiling to his friends.

The whole table started high-fiving each other.

"You're awesome, Dumbledore. He sealed our win," commented Vincent.

"Awesome!" cheered Draco.

"Yes. Yes. Well done, Slytherin. Well done, Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account and I have a few last minute points to award. To Miss Hermione Granger, for the use of intellect when others were in grave peril, 50 points!" proclaimed Dumbledore.

The Gryffindor table cheered as Hermione smiled widely.

Hufflepuff was surprised that Gryffindor suddenly beat them. They almost weren't last. They aren't completely upset, because they are used to it by now.

"Okay. I spoke too soon...." noted Cedric, surprised.

"Second to Mr. Ronald Weasley. With the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years, 50 points!" continued Dumbledore.