Chapter 2

Legolas's POV

"Time to get up!" My closest servant joked as he threw open the curtains that guarded the sun. He should be more cautious because his friendship cannot protect him from my sleepy anger forever. I awoke when he came in, but the flood of light made me want to hiss and crawl away to somewhere dark. And from all my father's teachings, never once did he mention that of the list of prince-like things to do. Form is everything. Even if I was falling apart on the inside, my outwardly appearance had to be enough to convince anyone. Putting on a show was everything."Time to get on the road." He broke me out of my train of thought. Oh right. Today I have to ride out to Aragorn's palace. I do so often, but it is usually for meetings and parties for the Fellowship. Or what is left of it. 

"Remind me, Arron, why did I agree to do this?" I asked sitting up and stretching. I did not want to get out of bed. It is the most comfy place in Middle Earth. Well, there is one other place but I can't think about that now. Jen is long gone.

"If I do recall, Aragorn said that you were going to go babysit, even if he had to drag you, because Arwen wants to have another child. And this is, I'm guessing, a week he has off so that's why he is taking her to the beach..." He paused awkwardly." On top of that, there will be a princess at the palace. I think her name is Genavia or something."

"Her name is Ginerva. Yes, she is a princess." I mumble. "Why did you not tell me this before about her?" I know Jenny. In fact we WERE best friends until I was forced, by my dad, to date this girl she and I hated. Jen hasn't spoken to me in eleven years. And to think that before a small little incident she was all mine. My Jen.

Of course I shouldn't have told her my feelings because she was betrothed to Welion, but I couldn't help myself. I hated that boy more than anything. While we were playing hide-n-go seek all those years ago as little children, I was searching for the two hidden friends. I walked passed the throne room where all the parents were talking and I heard my name. They were debating who should marry Jenny because she obviously didn't blend well with Welion. "Legolas could bond himself to her, she is a respectable elleth and she will grow to control her powers." I smiled and thought of living forever with Jenny. From that moment on I liked her. I looked at my dad to see his crown levitating ever so slightly over his golden hairs. I smiled as I realized it was Jen. I was watching until suddenly a little flame burst out and my father grabbed his wine and splashed it over his head and put the flame out. He followed Galadriel and they stopped at a small closet inside was little Jen all alone, looking scared as she had ever been.

My father took one look at the little girl and spoke, "I was wrong. Nothing will EVER happen between my son and your daughter."

Later I had chatted with her and she told me the whole story. I tried not to like her because my father said it would never happen. But no matter how hard I tried, the feelings never went away.

Truth be told, we were more than friends. That may have been the true reason we could no longer see each other. My father thought her to be careless and immature. But I was reckless and he choose to ignore that. I was probably the reason she looked risky.

I loved her with passion. Yet, there were rumors to be heard in taverns and streets that spoke of how she had changed. No longer was she a happy, young girl that ran though the woods with a laugh. She had become a solemn creature. One that killed Orc in her free time and had a temper of a readied arrow; once fired, it became impossible to stop. She had the aura of a woman, one with the upmost power. But she had become cold. This was the hardest thing to hear. She had always come back after a fight between us because she felt bad and wished to apologize. Because she had a heart.

It was hard for me to shape this new idea of her. Her hair had most likely grown longer, green eyes grew stronger, she probably grew into a woman-like body, and most of her freckles probably disappeared. But she would still be her. Hopefully.