Chapter 9

Legolas's POV

I was kissing her and her lips were soft and absolutely perfect. I had never felt so in love or in love it all. She was everything to me and all that had ever really mattered.

After my mother's death, she was the only one that helped me not to fade. She helped me and I thought I could never repay her. This may be just for me, a one sided love, but she was kissing back. After only a few seconds, she pulled back and stood up. I let her pull away. She looked at me and suddenly her flame ignited.

"You know I can't do this. Welion will bond himself to me in a week."

"How do you really feel about it?" I asked in a sarcastic tone even thought I meant it.

"Legolas, I hate him. I will end up being his sec toy and you know it!" She was completely right. He wanted girls and treated them like rag dolls. I could not stand to see her go through this.

"I hate him too. You're marrying him on our birthday? Won't that spoil everything? Oh. I am so sorry." Well, there goes her life out of the window. And mine. I want to have a great birthday with her like we had so many times in the past, but this was going to be awful! I knew that they were engaged to be married at age 3000 but I didn't think they would commit to each other on her 3000 birthday.

"Legolas, what are we going to do? Once I am wed, I don't think Welion will let us see each other. We are too close and I don't thinks he wants his slave getting beaten up from fighting Orc with another guy... Or kissing a past lover."

"We will go now. Micheil will stay with his servant and we will go have a little competition. Sounds fun." We quickly changed, facing opposite ways, and grabbed our weapons. I was ready to spend a day with her killing Orcs. And maybe get a kiss out of it as well. She had such little time. "Let's just focus on these few days we have."

I had been watching her movements and actions more closely now and the way she moved in desperation was not something I was used to seeing from her. The way she constantly rushed and panicked scared me. Maybe this love triangle was effecting her too much. I couldn't bare to see her fade from stress... I will just have to let time unravel the mystery of my beloved Jen.