Chapter 16

Legolas' POV

I watched Jen lay down on the hard wooden platform that surrounded OUR room. Or was it still OUR room? I knew Welion would be watching my every move and Jenny look really fed up. Like she was giving up. That was not the girl I used to know, but time and Welion have changed her. I don't even know the details of the story but I don't know if I will ever get them. I was invited to the wedding but I know if I go, right after Welion is crowned, I will be killed. So I don't think I'll be attending.

I opened the door reveling a small, old, moldy, unkempt room. There were spider nests and moth eaten sheets. I shivered in disgust. There was no way I was sleeping in here. But a smile spred across my face when I thought about how Welion's looked. I joined Jenny... but out on my own porch. I slept dreaming of a world was much better for us. Without anyone cruel or selfish. Just me and Ginerva. Maybe in the undying lands... Maybe someday...

King Thrandil's POV

Lady Galadriel had informed me of her daughter's injury and how my son was part of the whole problem. My stupid son. Maybe if my wife, Lindir, hadn't died, she could have produced more heirs and one not as soft as Legolas. He was a child and cared too much about each person. He must think of the greater good. Some sacrifices must be made for the kingdom. I knew one day he might fall for Princess Ginerva but that was not an option. She was immature and Legolas would let her do what she pleased. I thought the man she was marrying, Prince Welion, was perfect for her. He would keep her on a tight rope and make her bare heirs. He also got Lorien out of the deal, and I must say, I approve of this man.

Legolas was going to be in lots of trouble and I must figure out a new way of punishment. I have tried exile, making him date eleths, sending on the journey to destroy the ring, and spankings when he was little. Sometimes I would take his bow, but he would just borrow one from a guard while he waited for his own set back. I needed something that would stop him from ever crossing me again. His behavior was inexcusable.

I got on a horse and let the kingdom of Mirkwood in my loyal adviser, Lidia. She had done this many times and I had to see my son. I brought all the things I might need for punishments into my satchel and galloped into the trees, rushing for the white city. 

Legolas' POV

I sat up trying to remember where I was. The memories of last night flooded back to me and I sat up, rubbing my eyes. I glanced up only to see the sun starting to peek over the horizon. The sunlight cast itself across my face, warming it. I peered to the tree house that was built closest to mine. Jen was softly sleeping. Small birds perched around her. the sang beautiful songs that would keep her asleep for some time. The sunlight lit up her hair making it sparkle and shine. 

She didn't ever sleep in and I had a feeling that she was better off in her dreams than in real life. So I started my decent. Time for me to join real life. I stopped on a branch halfway down and just sat, admiring the view. I couldn't help but feel someone's eyes glued on me. I swung my head around but didn't see anyone. How strange. That feeling remained and even elves couldn't sneak up on me. Except Jen, my ada, Lady Galadriel, and my mother. And Aragorn... I don't even know how he does it... The eyes stayed on me. Or maybe I was just imagining the whole thing? Hum....