Chapter 17

Legolas POV

Jen was silent after she spoke the three words we were forbidden to say. I wasn't sure. I loved Ginerva more than anyone in middle earth, including myself. She was my everything and there was no way after I told her I had the same feelings towards her, that we could be just friends anymore. But heck. I won't see her again after she leaves for the wedding, which is one day before the actual event. So I have tomorrow and the day after that to love her. "Jen? What if I told you..." I trailed off. Why was this so hard? My entire being screamed it mentally, and she had already confessed. What was keeping me back? Nothing. "I love you." I whispered. She finally kissed me but I almost passed out from not having enough air get to my already weak body. She insisted I sleep. She cuddled her body in and we slept on the forest floor with stars as our blanket and moss as the bed. The trees sheltered us from evil and nothing seemed scary any longer. Love filled the air and made everything lighter and brighter. My spirit was high as I drifted off into sleep in our usual position. Everything was alright. For now we were safe.

I dreamed of what our life would be like if we were never forced to separate. The beautiful dream started with her in my arms. She wrapped her legs around me and bent down and kissed her. I held her in front of me with my hands wrapped around her waist so that she could rest. Snow glistened around us and her bright red scarf matched her hair. She was also dressed in a black cloak, but it only went to her mid-thigh and had buttons that were fastened down the side. The waist line looked slightly off, because there was a belt of matching color and fabric tightened around her just under the ribs. Instead of her usual forest-green riding pants, she wore navy-blue, tight-fitting... leggings? There were stitched on the side to hold these pants together. They were a mixture of yellow and gold threads.

The scene shifted from our kissing to a little path. Instead of the usually uneven trails I was used to, this one was one large piece of stone and black as night. To outline it, there were yellow lines and in the center, white dashes. Off to the sides of these lanes were grey elevated walk ways made for human travel. I was gently holding Jenny's hand and a flash of metal flew past us at the speed of lightning. In the dream, my figure didn't even flinch. As a bystander, I was freaking out. A metal dragon seemed to have just flown past us! Then another approached. The noise it caused made me clamp my hands over my ears. But still, Jen and I, or the couple, seemed unfazed. They laughed and Jen leaned up to kiss the other me on the cheek. Her hair was perfectly strait, not like the slightly wavy red mess that fell down her back. It also seemed shorter, only reaching halfway down her back. It had a small purple bow tied around from the backside of her head to the front, and covering her pointed ears.

The scene shifted once more to an elegant room with drapes of gold and silver. There were many people but after observing, none had pointed ears and many women had caked their faces with many... paints? What was this? Many were skin toned but others had blues, greens, purples, and other mixtures surrounding their eyes. I now watched myself and Jenny. She was dressed in a floor-length gown that shimmered purple and silver. I had my arms wrapped around her waist and I was wearing a black half-cloak and matching pants with it. They looked very uncomfortable. I had a white tunic under the cloak that seemed alright and sort of like the one I was wearing right now.

There was a breath that started creeping down my spine. It took me a moment to figure out what it really was. I opened my eyes to see Jen sound asleep, laying right on me. Her head was right in the nook of my neck and her breath was on the small patch of skin right underneath my hair line. It sent shivers down my spine and I held her closer. I never wanted my life to go this way. I wanted a small life as just any other soldier or maybe even commander. I wanted Jenny to be another little farm girl that was a strong fighter and had the same temper. We would have a small wedding that hardly anyone would attend. No one would care if we started a family and sat in the shadow of life. We would go on our own adventures and have fun without the world watching us.