Chapter 12

Legolas's POV

As soon as Jenny had been stabilized, I sent a messenger to her mother. She was an excellent healer and could use sorcery to pull the poison out of Jen. That was two days ago. I heard hustling of several people coming down the hall. Most likely doctors that thought they knew how to save her. Sadly, I knew none of their ways would work. If nothing else, I would call back Aragorn to save her. Every day and night I have sat by her bed hoping and praying to Valar that she would awake again.

The door burst open and I quickly withdrew my hand from hers so no one would see. Lady Galadriel rushed to her daughter's side and then HE walked through the open doorway. Mr. I'm really (NOT!!) concerned for my future wife. My heart started beating faster and faster until if he said one thing wrong I could kill him before someone could snap their fingers. Jenny's mother was already working hard and Welion and I stood awkwardly next to each other hoping she would awaken. Welion didn't want his slave to die before he could inherit the money and title. And I of course, loved her. "So you got her hurt then." Welion inquired putting all the blame on me.

"She had her back turned and so did I. The orc made enough noise to make me turn around. Yes, it was my fault because I couldn't react fast enough." He was expecting me to place the blame elsewhere but he was silenced when I took it all on myself.

"She was dumb enough to go hunting for orcs when she was fighting next to one the whole time." Was I just called an orc? I guess so.

"No, I dragged her out there telling her it would be fun. Then she got hurt and could die. So you're right. I am equal to an orc." His face couldn't quite recover from that sass. Usually I would be beating him up by now. But instead I played along with his little games.

Lady Galadriel looked up at us and spoke in the same musical voice Jen had. "She will wake soon. Legolas, Thranduil will be here soon. He does not seem to be in a good mood either." She walked out and Welion followed. If I was having an arranged marriage I would at least stay next to the poor girl while she was on her death bed. What a looser of a man.

And now my dad was coming. Oh joy!! Note the sarcasm.

Galadriel's POV

I road next to Welion, trying to get to my only child. I left as soon as I was told the news of her injury. Honestly, I couldn't stand the prince of Lillylight. I could tell he was only tagging along because I had made him. He didn't care for my daughter at all. But of course, she was the heir to Lorien and that made her important and powerful. The title would make Welion rich beyond measure and he could have my daughter and turn her into a useless slave.

But there was nothing I could do any longer on this subject. Lord Celeborn had told me this was right for our daughter and that we needed powerful alleys. The first was mental but the second was true. In the case of an orc attack, alleys would prove helpful.

I had been riding for a day and a half and I knew I was nearing my destination. I hopped off my horse and handed the reigns to a stable boy. He just stared like he had seen a goast. I nest down to quickly explain but I was cut off by Welion. "Boy, this is the queen of elves. Take care of our horses," he demanded. What a rude elf. I started to explain in my own way to the small boy.

"Please take care of them. I am here to save the hurt elven princes. She is my daughter. Something tells me you have met her." He nodded vigorously.

"Yes ma'am. She is beautiful. Much like you. She has you're eyes." He was quite good with words for his age.

"Thank you. Goodbye!" I said sweetly before hurrying down to the castle to heal Jenny. I rushed into her room to see Legolas's hand intertwined with hers, but only for a split second before he withdrew. Welion didn't seem to notice and I decided it was best if I acted as if I saw nothing. he stood up and let me get close to her.

I whispered spells and healing charms. The poison was out out but I knew it would be a day or two until she awakened. I sat over her for a few more minutes listening to Legolas's and Welion's argument. Prince Legolas placed to blame on herself and sounded as if this was extremely important to him. he was holding her hand also... Was there still something between them? They used to be very close. Then marriage was brought up and they didn't speak again.

I straitened and delivered news to both of them. Then, after warning Legolas of his father's soon arrival, I left. Welion left also and it was as if he really had no care if she lived. I wandered around for an hour until I could return to Ginerva's room without Welion. I had some questions for a prince that seemed important in my daughter's life.

I snuck in to room so quietly that the usually very alert Legolas didn't hear me. He had actually climbed into bed with her for it was getting late. She had wrapped herself around him and him around her. They both slept but I had questions. Especially now. "Prince Legolas." I whispered quietly. He slid out of bed and onto the chair in a flash. If some doctor had opened the door, he would seem to be sitting all the time because he was so sneaky. "Why are you in my daughter's bed?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Why hello there!! Yup. She updated quite fast indeed. If I am correct, she should get a vote or two for that. I mean... It was pretty impressive. More action in the next chapter. This was mainly just to show you Lady Galadriel's thoughts on the arranged marriage. I know some of you brilliant readers have figured out what is going to happen... but you have no idea. Yes... this book will end happily (actually... that depends on you're definition of happy...), but I can assure you there will be a second. (: Love you!!

~Lilly