Chapter 5~ Ten Reasons Not To Die

Am I sucidal? No

Am I an orphan? No

Do I live in an orphanage? No

Am I seventeen years old? No

Am I going to get kicked out when I turn 18? I have no idea.

Do I need a boyfriend/true love? Yes

Am I going to pretend am suicidal? Yep

Most importantly, Am I going to jump off a cliff? Heck yea, but with Geoffrey waiting on me with a trampoline just incase something goes wrong.

Step 1: Get His Attention By Pretending To Be Suicidal.

This didn't happen in the book, it was more of a she tried to kill herself but he caught her and gave her reasons to live.

Now listen kids, don't try this at home. Unless of course , someone's waiting on you with a trampoline for you to land on.

I sent off the vibe that am suicidal . How? you ask. I'll tell you.

I talked suicide, looked suicide, smelled suicide, smiled suicide, infact everything I did, I did in a suicide related way. I gave out the suicide aura.

Guess who started to think that I was actually suicidal.

Presenting, candidate number five..............Saheed Abubakar.

Step 2: Get His Attention Then Jump Off A Cliff.

P.S: Do not, I repeat, do not jump without making sure he's watching you.

Some Nigerian boys can be very funny at times. After you've given off your suicide aura, they'll follow -more like escort- you to the cliff and ask if you want them to push you off so God won't hold you responsible for your death.

I said some.

Saheed wasn't like that.

I walked to the cliff, silently crying, cursing what was supposed to be my life and also praying that Geoffrey had already arrived with the trampoline. Just in case.

I know Saheed will wonder how I survived without any bruise on my body. But he is supposed to have heard of miracles, right?

I reached the cliff and took the leap of faith.

I literally took the leap of faith.

I closed my eyes and waited to hit the trampoline or the ground -if my genius of a brother didn't set it well- but nothing happened. I opened my eyes and noticed that I was hanging.

He caught me.

I fought the urge to smile. I looked down and noticed Geoffrey giving cash to the boys with him.

Idiot placed a bet on my head.

How Saheed missed that, I knoweth not.

"What do you think you are doing?" Saheed asked disbelief laving his voice.

"ERM.....Sherlock, I was trying to commit suicide but no, you just had to show up. I mean, what other reasons does a girl have to jump off a cliff? Check if her super powers included flying? Eeesh, I thought I've established the fact that I'm suicidal?" I said sarcasm lacing my voice. "Pull me up if you would."

"I thought you're suicidal? Are you sure you don't want me to let go?"

My throat ran dry. I told you, you never know with Nigerian guys. "I give out the "suicide" aura not the "come save me from committing suicide and then murder me" aura."

He chuckled pulling me up.

So step 2: completed.

Step 3: Confess Your Undying Love for each other.

After Saheed pulled me up, we became great friends, fell in love, got married and sailed away on his yatch to Dubai.

I wish.

Much to yours and my disappointment, we ended up as friends.

Broke my heart too.

So, its safe to call it an iconic fail.

* * *

Ten Reasons To Live Is Written by RiceLover.

Important Note: Suicide is a serious thing. So if you're thinking about it talk to someone, people actually listen even though they pretend not to.

You might feel the need to end your life because you think you can't go on anymore and yes, you might end your pain but you'll start someone else's. Someone who cares will forever blame themselves for not getting to you in time or for not noticing the slight change in you. Lots of people will get hurt, disoriented and misguided. People who look up to you without your knowledge will be thorn apart, your family won't be able to bear the pain even friends you didn't know you have would lose it. And worst, the world would be losing an amazing being.

People say things, that's what they do and that's what most are here for. Always remember haters are confused admirers. Don't let words get the best of you, it's okay to feel hurt or sad every once in a while but never, I repeat, never ever let anyone or anything bring you down.

Normals are boring so it's okay to be not normal. Most people say things without meaning it so don't over think peoples word and learn to forgive. Don't starve yourself because someone says you're over weight, don't hurt or harm yourself because you feel you deserve it and most importantly, don't hate yourself, be happy with who you are, what you look like and what you represent.

You are beautiful.

You are awesome.

You are amazing.

So don't let anyone convince you other wise.

And best,

You are you. And no one born or not can ever replace you.

If it gets hard, just talk to someone.

Love you lots 😘

~Harielta