Chapter 9~ The Truth About Books And Boys

Step 1: Meet Him In A Bookstore

Am not a sucker for books and I most definitely don't like discussing books but if Aphrodite has decided that my love life should be synonymous to this book, who am I to go against fate?

I did the most obvious thing in the world, I went to a bookstore to meet my true love. Aphrodite better not let me down.

I went in and looked through the shelves that held, you guessed it. Books! This place smelled like oldness, antique and books. I picked up an old book, Treasure Island, if I remember correctly.

"That's a great book," a voice said and I spun round to find one of God's finest creations looking at me. Oh my word! If this works out Aphrodite, I promise to take Greek mythology pretty serious.

He told me about the book which led me to confess my lack of knowledge about the literary world which he found quite amusing and also wondered how I ended up a bookstore. If only he knew.

Long story short, we became friends and it came with a bonus, he did not attend our school. It was so like the book.

Ladies and Gents, Candidate number nine....... Tega Brown.

Step 2: Apparently, all he cares about is books. So, you meet up with him to discuss .....wait for it...... BOOKS!!!

Tega was sweet, cute, nice and all but he had a single problem. All cute boys happened to have their problems but his was peculiar.

He talked books, smelled books, smiled books, breathed books and I wouldn't be surprised if he had books for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Major case of nutritional deficiency if you ask me, but you didn't so I'll just shut up. His addiction to books was actually worse than Oliver's.

We met at the cafe or park to discuss books and we also went to the cinema to watch a movie about books.

Step 2✔

Step 3: He Confesses His Feelings To You.

We went to get ice-cream and I believed it was to discuss books but I really didn't mind so long as I'd have ice-cream. Half way into book discussion and ice-cream, Tega decided to change topic.

"Let's talk about something different," he said and I couldn't help but wait for another book to pop up but then, he added, "Something not book related."

This caused my heart to do a triple somersault.

After confessing his feelings, he asked me to be his girlfriend to which I happily agreed.

So, I now have a boyfriend.

Even I don't believe me.

What actually happened was, Tega told me to get a new hobby and stop pretending to have an interest in books. He said I wasn't going to find true love if I kept pretending to be who am not.

I almost, almost followed his advice but I realised that it's my life and my perfect book and character is out there I just haven't found him.

And yes, I failed greatly.

* * *

The Truth About Books And Boys is written by @

I finally came up with a description for my book.

I hope you enjoyed it.

Vote, Comment and Share.