Chapter 18~ She's with me

Step 1: Choose A Suitable Part Of The Book You'd Like To Start With.

I started with a part that didn't go down well with The Boys.

"I love you Sandra and all but I have a life that doesn't revolve around you," Gozie said in a matter-of-fact voice.

I only nodded.

"This book is different I promise."

"That was what you said the last 8 times," Gozie whined.

"What do you need?" Geoffrey asked. "The sooner you talk, the faster we get done with this nonsense."

I smiled widely at my brother and rubbed my hands together. "I have here with me, profiles of men with six year olds that can turn deadly if their kids die."

I handed them the heavily detailed profile.

"I don't understand the 'turn deadly when their kids die' part," Caleb said looking at the profile in his hand.

I smiled. "We are going to kill the child of one of those men."

"What?!" Geoffrey yelled.

I furrowed my brows. "Are you deaf or do you have something stuck in your ears? I said, we are going to kill the child of the selected man. How lucky is he?"

Geoffrey shut his eyes and the rest of the boys stared at me like I've lost my mind. "Why?"

"Well, in the book, Amelia's dad accidentally killed this little girl Sabrina while he was driving drunk and her - Sabrina's - dad decided to hunt down Amelia and kill her. Let's not forget that Amelia's dad died."

"You can't kill someone," Curtis said.

I thought about it for a while. Curtis was right, I can't kill someone because Amelia wasn't the killer, her dad was. "You're right, Curtis. I'll get my dad to do it."

Geoffrey's eyes flew open and his eyes were filled with anger. "Are you nuts?! Crazy?! HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?!"

"You're over reacting, we're going to kill one person. A child. Why are you yelling at me? It's not like I'm doing anything wrong," I snapped.

Geoffrey laughed dryly. "You're doing it all wrong. You don't kill someone for the sake of finding love. Love finds you, not the other way round." He's voice was void of any emotion.

"Fine, don't do it. Curtis will," I stated firmly. I've worked too hard for this just to give it up now.

"Before it's too late and all, I have this psychiatrist I swear he'll help you. You're not a lost cause. You don't have to throw your life away," Curtis said.

"I have to Curtis," I said gruffly.

"You have to what?" Caleb asked.

"Throw my life away," I explained. "In the book, Amelia changed her appearance and name to stay out of harms way and that is what I in —"

"Shut up! I said Shut. Up. How did finding love like in a book turn you into a psychopath?" Geoffrey asked.

"Me? Psychopath? All because I asked you to kill someone? A child for that matter. A 6yr old?"

They looked at me like I've lost my brains.

"Fine, don't do it. It doesn't matter anyway. There are a lot of books out there. I'll just pick another one," I stated and ran upstairs.

The book didn't even start and I already failed.

She's With Me is written by@AvaViolet.