Interview 1.2

Meet the boys:

Dillon Worth from When It Rains In Ivory

Mariano Sanchez from The Player's Game

Ebube Eze from Hope Is Mine

Akshay Malhotra from Had To Be Dyson

Vincent Van Coconut from I Am The Gang Leader's Possession

Charlie Butler from Notes Posted By Chloe

Usain Williams from Living With The Bad Boy

Collins Chukwuemeka from The Bad Boy Stole My Notebook

Shall we?

The sack fell off my shoulders and landed on the floor with a large thud. I resisted the urge to scream because, the last thing I needed was a member of the general public staring at me like I've lost my marbles.

I took a deep breath and frowned wondering why the idiot in the sack was giving me a hard time. All this won't be happening if he had honoured my invitation and came for the stupid interview but oh no he had to be the stubborn goat from Alaska which ended up in my mom's big pot of soup.

The bag shook and I looked at it in disgust. Why was Ebube even struggling? I took a deep breath and  opened the door to the bus I rented for the interview. The rest of the boys looked at me wondering what was going on.

"Well, don't just sit and stare Vincent, come give me a hand!" I snapped at Van Coconut who reluctantly got up from his seat and jumped out of the bus. Without struggle, he picked up the sack from the floor and threw it into the bus.

"For the record, that's an actual person."

He gasped, placed his hand on his chest and said, "I almost cared."

"You know what, just get in the van. Let's get this over and done with."

Vincent got back into and before I shut the door I smiled at Collins, "be a darling and let grumpy out of the sack."

I opened the driver's door and put on my seat belt.

"What's going on here?" I heard his voice ask and my head fell on the steering wheel with a groan.

"I'd be grateful for fresh air first before asking any question?" Collins told him before looking out the window.

"Thank God for fresh air. What is going on here?"

I put the key in the ignition and turned it on, "Welcome one and all to the one and only Interview Carpool with Harielta. Who in case you didn't know is me and please seat down and let's go."

"You can ride this thing, right?" Charlie asked

I turned the engine off and scoffed, "of course I can. What do you think? I stole this car and invited all of you to watch me learn to drive?"

"Yes," Usain stated in a matter of fact voice.

I nodded and turned the engine back on. "Then, you're not too far from the truth."

"Ebube, how does it feel to be back from the dead?"

"It feels like I'll be going right back," he said and I laughed. "Glad to see you have confidence in my driving."

"I'm getting the hang of it," I smiled and continued to steer.

"Yaaayyy, should we throw confettis in the air?" Vincent said without a trace of humour in his voice.