Chapter 24~ Dorm Room 210

In the book, Lily had this huge secret and it involved the death of her parents. Now, as we all know, my parents are alive and kicking, which is a stumbling block for me.

"Why are we here without Geoffrey?" Caleb asked and I smiled genuinely at him while offering them seats.

"Because, what I have to discuss with you guys have absolutely nothing to do with Geoffrey," I smiled sinisterly at them.

"Aside from the fact that you're scaring me with that smile you're sporting right now, I don't like that you invited us without Geoffrey," Curtis said and I frowned.

"Listen Curtis, I need your help with a new book and as we all know, Geoffrey wasn't exactly pleased the last time I asked him for help."

"Maybe that's because you asked him to kill someone," Gozie supplied.

I nodded thoughtfully, "maybe." I clapped my hands and grinned widely. "Anyways, I found a new book and I need your help."

They nodded, "what do you need?"

"I need you to kill my parents in a car crash."

Silence followed. Not a single sound was heard, crickets stopped chirping, trees stopped rustling and if I'm being honest, it was as if the universe stopped spinning.

"What did you say?" Curtis asked above a whisper.

"I said I need you to kill my parents," I said slowly.

And then, they went silent again.

"Well?"

"Well, I know a pastor, a psychiatrist and most importantly, the address of a renowned asylum," Caleb said.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're crazy!"

"Don't be so hard on her," Curtis chided Caleb. "She might not even be aware that she's doing all these crazy things. Maybe it's her enemies or her village witches using her as an instrument."

"Are you trying to be funny?"

"No. There are lots of people out there who wish they had parents and you want to kill yours for an insane reason?"

"WHAT?!" I asked widening my eyes. "where did you get that from?"

"You just said you wanted to kill your parents," Gozie said confusion appearing on his face.

"Is that what I said?"

"See guys, I told you it was the evil forces," Curtis smiled.

"I can't kill my parents, that is absurd and ruthless. They mean so much to me and what kind of daughter would I be if I killed them?"

"Glad to see your back to your senses."

"Which is why I'm asking you guys to do it."

"You're not doing this whole find love in a book thing because you're trying to forget about Derek, right?" Caleb asked.

"We agreed never to speak that name," I said through gritted teeth.

"There are other ways to forget."

"You know, here I was thinking you guys would give me an early birthday present seeing as it is my birthday soon but oh no, we had to bring him up. Get out."

"Are you kicking us out?"

I smiled sweetly, "in the nicest way possible."

"Fine!"

"Get going."

I watched them walk out the house before my mind drifted back to one name; Derek. And now that the thought had been planted, it'd be hard to unthink it.

"SCREW YOU CALEB!"

"Love you too, honey."

I failed.

***

Dorm Room 210 is written by @Broken_Dream07.