Chapter 16

You know that moment when you just want to kick back, relax and reminisce everything you've done and been through. Yep, I was in that moment. I laid on one of the sofas in the living room and closed my eyes. I thought back on the hell of a ride I've been in and the rollercoasters I put myself on trying to find love.

There was Akshay and the mall, Saheed and the cliff, Grant and the phone swap and a host of others. It was a pretty long list.

I wondered what would have happened had Saheed not caught me. Geoffrey had claimed that they were exchanging their nairabet coupon to see who had the best chance of winning. Since when had Nigerian boys started trusting each other with their coupon to the extent of letting you hold it.

"Is she dead?" I heard Curtis, one of Geoffrey's friends ask.

"Dead? Dude, my sister is immortal, she can't just die," Geoffrey replied.

"Why is she lying here then? Your mom said 'You kids should stop lying down on my chairs, they are of fine quality and you want to use your body to destroy them but it won't work. Whomever I catch lying here will be banned from stepping foot in this sitting room. Are we clear?' She said that, didn't she?"

"Alright Curtis, stop making so much fuss. She's probably tired or she forgot. You know how she is," Gozie another friend said.

I may have forgotten to mention it, but it wasn't just Geoffrey who helped execute my plan, it was Geoffrey and his three friends.

"Remind me again, why are we here?" Gozie asked.

"Sandra wants us to help her. Again," Geoffrey replied.

"Why do we help your sister with her love life?"

They help Geoffrey help me.

"Because, we don't really have a life and so that when Sandra gets a boyfriend, we can punch him," Geoffery sent me into a coughing fit.

Curtis hurriedly patted my back muttering countless sorrys.

"Or, you're spending time with her so that when she finally gets a boyfriend, which I don't see happening anytime soon, you'll be able to find solace in the memories you made because you'll miss your sister greatly because she'll only have boyfriend time and nothing else," Caleb the third and final friend spoke. Mom labeled Caleb as the smart one because whenever he opened his mouth, which he rarely did, he made the most sense.

But he just lied because, Geoffrey wasn't the type to get jealous and if anything, I should be the one having that fear because Geoffrey had girls drooling over him and he almost forgot our birthday one time.

When Geoffrey didn't say a word, I decided to peep and look at him. He had a look of defeat on his face and I almost didn't notice that Curtis had started drawing circles on my palm.

"Your sister loves you Geoffrey, that's why, instead of going to her friends for help, she came to you," Caleb said placing a hand on Geoffrey's shoulder. After a while, he giggled and added. " Except, she doesn't have any friends except for us."

"We really need to get her some friends," Gozie said.

"That aren't friends with us," Caleb added and they all nodded in agreement.

"My point is, boyfriend or no boyfriend, you're pretty important to your sister. I mean, we all are but this is about you."

He was right they were important to me. Geoffrey more and them well, yeah.

"And just what do you think you're doing?" I heard the voice of the boy I almost jumped off a cliff for. Judging by the look and direction of his eyes, he was glaring at Curtis.

Curtis sighed. "Cutting her finger nails."

"Yea right!"

I decided to wake up now, just incase.

"What's all the noise for?" I opened my eyes, sat up and yawned, stretching a bit to make it look real.

Saheed looked at Curtis before giving me his attention. "I came to see if we're on for tomorrow."

"Totally."

Saheed smiled, glared at Curtis, waved at the boys and left.

"Where are you going tomorrow?" Geoffrey asked.

"I have absolutely no idea."

"On other location related matter, why are we here?" Gozie asked.

"Glad you asked!" I answered and picked the paper and pen I had readied.

"Do you have any friends that are girls?"

"Another book?"

"Yep! Answer the question."

Curtis shook his head. "Five of them."

"Awesome, I just need two to be my friends."

Caleb sighed. "Sandie, what happened to the traditional way of making friends?"

"Nothing, I just forgot the domain name."

"Domain name?"

"Is it 'GetAFriend.com or MakeAFriend.com?"

"What?!"

"I know right? Confusing."

"No, I meant- nevermind."

"We have two that will be easier for you to be friends with. One is shy and the other is outgoing," Gozie said.

"Okay, that's where we're going to have a problem. They both have to be super hot and out going," I said.

"You're going to be the invisible one?" Geoffrey asked.

"You got it bro. Names please."

Curtis called the names while I wrote it down.

"Any boy in mind?"

I stopped writing, raised my head and smiled. "You have no idea."

* * *

1k reads!!!!!!!!!

I'm losing my mind.

Thank you all so much.

~Harielta