Chapter 26~ The Perfect Lie

"Hey guys!" I said walking into the sitting room my brother had managed to turn into a game palace.

Silence was the response I got, hands froze on the controller and nobody moved.

"Dude no, I can't do this," one of the boys said and threw his controller on the floor. "I can't be in the same place with your sister."

I shook my head at him, "waste of air and I'll keep asking you this: you really are the sperm that won? A still birth would have been easier for your mom to handle."

"I could almost say the same thing to you," Jeremiah said to me before he faced Geoffrey. "see what I'm talking about."

"Come on!" Geoffrey said and stood up. But he didn't listen and walked out with his friend behind him.

"You just scared my friends away!" Geoffrey glared at me.

"Oh please, Jeremiah and Dayo are hardly your friends."

"What do you want now?" Caleb asked glaring at me. "This is guys bonding time."

I took a deep breath and smiled, I even twirled before falling on the couch that was once occupied by Jeremiah. I took a deep breath and breathed in his vanilla scent that was slowly fading away.

"I don't want anything, I just came to inform you that I'm adopting a child."

"What?!"

"A son to be specific."

"Aren't you too young to adopt a child?" Gozie asked.

"And aren't you too old to be butting into my business?"

"Touché."

"But you're right," I breathed out.  "Which is why I got help. I want you guys to meet a friend of mine," I said, stood up and walked towards the door with a smile plastered on my face. "Guys meet Angelique." I opened the door and my very sophisticated older friend walked in.

"Angelique is French and she's from," I paused to think about it. "any country that speaks French."

"You mean France," she said with her French accent that made me smile at her.

"Sí! Sí!" I said and waved her off. "Just stand over there and smile, no one cares about which country you're from."

"You mean oui oui, right?" Gozie said and took a few steps to stand in front of Angelique. "I'm fascinated by the Frenchs by the way," he said extending his hand towards Angelique but I was quick to slap it away.

"Take that wewe away from here and straight to the bathroom. Don't distract my guest especially if you're pressed."

The rest of the boys chuckled lightly while Gozie glared at me.

"Anyways, Angelique is trying to win over her ex-boyfriend for the umpteenth time and so far there has been no record of success. After she had of my many boy triumphs, she came to me for help."

"First of all, this is my first trial and I didn't come to you, you came to me."

"Listen Angelique, you seem like a nice woman," Geoffrey said and the other boys nodded in agreement. "I don't know what my sister told you but I assure that they are all lies."

"You mean she lied about jumping off a cliff?"

"Yes - wait- no."

"Guys, I know I've done some pretty dumb stuff but I promise that this is my last attempt at love and I'm helping someone out."

"Your last?"

"Yep, I'm done. I think I'm just going to be a Reverend Sister."

"Great! Even though I won't get to punch anyone for breaking your heart," Geoffrey said and the other boys nodded.