2: Romance and Roses

When you're pulled from your sleep, you're not expecting to wake up to Mark kissing you and you're surprised. You moan, both from the kiss and moaning the sleep away. When he finally gives you air, you sigh, eyes locked on his.

Mark's red floof tickles your forehead and you giggle,"Babe, what are you doing?"

"Saying good morning,"he deep voice replies, his arm slipping around your waist to pull you closer.

Mark is so romantic that is just makes you want to fall into his arms and kiss him, or, of course, faint. But now, you're already there. Before you can even get used to it, he sits you up, climbs out of bed, picks you up, and carries you downstairs. Arms around his neck, you leave a sweet kiss on his cheek.

When he puts you down, you turn to the kitchen table to see a vase full of a dozen, crimson roses. You see a small piece of paper folded over the edge of the vase, fancy print reading I love you.

Before you can turn around, his arms have already slipped around your waist from behind. He never ceases to amaze you. You're the luckiest girl on the planet to have such a prince of a boyfriend. He totally was and you were sure of it.

Now, knowing it's been exactly 8 months to the day, you have something for him too. Chica finally comes bounding across the floor to attack you both with kisses. You giggle and scratch the top of her head, listening to the thump of her tail against the cabinet.

Finally turn to Mark, fixing his hair from his face and lean into him, your head resting on his chest. He gently rocks you back and forth, and you swear you could fall asleep to the consistent beat of his heart.

You remember you called Jack last night to take care of your present and drop it off this morning so you give Mark another peck on the lips before running upstairs.

"Babe, where you going?"

You rush to get dressed and make yourself presentable so you don't look like total crap. Your phone on your nightstand buzzes and you open Jack's text.

I'm here.

Running back down the stairs, you pass Mark and tell him to go get dressed. You run outside and run up to Jack, who is holding the tiny fur ball in his arms gingerly.

"Jack, thank you,"you say gratefully.

He smiles, handing the puppy to you,"He's gonna love this. Happy 8 month by the way."

"Thanks."

Running back inside, you grab the red ribbon you've been hiding and tie it in a bow around the golden's neck. You hold the precious thing in your arms and kiss it on the forehead before you hear Mark's footsteps coming down the stairs.

He drops his phone on the floor and stares at you in surprise,"(Y/N)..."

You gently put the puppy on the floor and it clumsily bounds to Mark, it's tiny paws pawing at his ankles. He picks it up, laughing and it licks him all over his face.

---------------time skip---------------

You're laying on the couch with Lola, as Mark named her, and you hear snapping in the kitchen. You hear Mark run upstairs and you jus shake your head and roll your eyes. You hear the faucet in the bath upstairs turn on and begin to wonder what is he doing?

You wait a few minutes before putting Lola down to play with Chica and creeping up the stairs quietly. You stroll across your room to the bathroom door and hear Mark's voice,"Please, (Y/N), come in."

You push the door open and the doorway has to catch you from fainting.
There he is, sitting in the large tub, bubbles surrounding him, arms draped over the sides and a rose clamped in his teeth.

"Care to join me?"