24: Something Sweet

You and Mark were on vacation in Las Vegas for your birthday, and today you were begging him to go to M&Ms world. 

You looked it up before leaving and you really wanted to go see it

Finally, he agrees,"Fine..."

"Come on!"you giggle.

He rolls his eyes playfully,"What even is this, anyways?"

"LIKE THE BEST AND BIGGEST CANDY STORE IN OUR AREA!"

He jumps at this,"Count me in!"

Laughing, you run across the strip (the Vegas strip, yes that's what it's called) until you see the two m&m characters holding a box as the sign. Giggling, you hurry inside. The second you walk in, the vast spectrum of  colors attacks your eyes. You look at Mark, both of you giddy with excitement. You look around as you walk past shelves full of small slot machine dispensers, bowls, plushies, painted statues and a vast array of many other things. 

You begin to let the child inside come out, grabbing Mark's hand and dragging him to the tall tubes holding the full spectrum colors of the candies. You look at him, your excited face making him chuckle. You find the containers to dump them into and grab five. You fill each of them up with your colors of choice before going to pay for them. 

"I won some money last night,"he whispers in your ear, making you jump.

You hit him in the shoulder,"Who knew you could ever have a poker face?"

(I mean, come on, really? Mark would be so bad at poker cuz the players would so easily be able to read him XD).

You both burst out laughing before he scolds you,"Hey! You'd be surprised!"

Mark pays for the containers and you continue to roam about the store, looking at all the little souvenirs, toys and gifts. You look up at the ceiling, seeing the colored, m&m lights and looking back at Mark, who always has that loving gaze on you. You sit down at a table for two, snacking on your multi-colored chocolates. 

"Here, open your mouth,"you hold one out in your hand.

He opens his mouth, tilting his head back and you toss the m&m, giving it a good arc. It lands on his cheek, falling to his shoulder before catching it in his hands. You sigh and giggle, taking another one for another attempt. It hits him in the jaw and he chuckles,"Man, you really suck at this."

"Shut up!"you laugh, throwing another one at him,"One more time!"

You take a pink m&m out of the container and Mark gets ready. You carefully toss the candy up, and it lands on his tongue. You cheer,"YES!"

Mark tosses one to himself and catches it with his teeth, throwing his arms up as he eats it. You cross your arms,"Showoff..."

You make a pouty face until he goes soft,"Awwww, (Y/N)..."

He attempts to feed you a handful of m&ms, making you laugh. After looking around the store some more, you walk out, hand in hand, holding your bag of the containers. By now, it was about 5:00, and you decide to go back to the room to get ready for dinner. Oh yeah, by the way, Mark had booked the two of you at the Bellagio, the best hotel on the strip. (The place with the fountains in front of it, yeah, awesome, I know.) You found it insane, but because he loved you that much, and had the money for it, he wasn't going to let you argue. 

Now tonight, Mark having the romantic heart he does, he made reservations for you at the Lago, one of the fancy restaurants at the hotel. You tried to tell him how you didn't need all of this just for your birthday, but he insisted. You both packed your fancy clothes, and you giggle as you get into the room. Once you put your dress on, you rush to the bathroom to clean up your face and makeup. Finally, you slick your hair back into a ponytail, wrapping a strand of your (H/C) hair around the hair tie.

"Look at you,"you hear Mark's deep voice as you watch him wrap his arms around you from behind,"Always so beautiful."

You blush, noticing his gray suit and navy tie. This was a big transition from his t-shirt under a button-up shirt and nike shorts. This was quite the dapper change, not that you're complaining. As you head out of the room and down the hall, you hold his hand, never wanting to let go. You get to the main floor by the elevator, walk across to the Lago to check in. 

The waiter sits you down, looking at Mark and gesturing to you,"You better hold onto her forever."

He smiles before walking away and Mark answers, taking your hand,"Oh, trust me, I will be."

"Thirty seconds into the restaurant and you're already trying to make me blush,"you shake your head, smiling.

"Well, you know,"he rubs his thumb across your knuckles,"It's cute."

Through the dinner, Mark takes every opportunity to make you flush fully red. You try to giggle it off, embarrassed as hell. He can't help it, he loves you that much. At dessert, he accidentally leaves a little bit of whipped cream on your nose while attempting to feed you a piece of cake. You giggle, hastily wiping it off and shaking your head. You sigh, thinking about the whole day, Mark made it all the more special to you, even better, for your birthday. 

Today was something sweet.