23: Forever and Always

You stare at yourself in the mirror, turning your head side to side, examining the crown braid above your carefully curled hair. You look over your makeup, making eye contact with yourself. This is unreal, this feeling. Butterflies take over as your eyes trail over the glowing, white dress. This is it. This is the bride you are, the bride you are meant to be.

Mark's bride.

You sigh at the thought, a swoon quickly following. You never thought that he, being the dreamiest man on earth, would fall down on one knee to ask you to spend the rest of your life with him. You're living in your own fairytale, your happily ever after not even an hour away. You close your eyes, remembering him, on the beach, his knee in the sand, his eyes locked on yours, the beauty of the moment. You still can't believe he loves you that much. It makes you dizzy thinking how he literally confessed that he wanted to have kids with you.

Soon enough, someone walks in, several gasps heard behind you. You turn around to see your mother, father, and Mark's mother all standing in shock.

Your mother rushes to you, tears welling up in her eyes,"Oh, (Y/N), sweetheart... you make the most beautiful bride."

You try not to cry as she hugs you and you watch your father smile at you, nodding. Next, Mark's mom comes up to you,"I know that there is nothing more that my son would want. You are everything to him, and I see how happy you make him. And of course, I wouldn't want anyone else in the world for a daughter-in-law."

After a few more words, your bridesmaids come in and put your veil on, adding all the finishing touches. Your dad stays in the room the whole time and your best friend, your maid of honor, smiles blissfully as she hands you your bouquet. You take a deep breath as you walk out into the hallway with your father, your heart beginning to race. You are last behind the rest of the wedding participants, grandparents, parents, other important family to you. The line leads outside, to where Mark is standing, waiting for you.

The warm air tingles your skin, and you keep your arm locked with your father. The sunset is just on time as the line continues you take this time to reflect on everything. From the moment your first met, to the night he proposed, you and Mark were so in love it was unbreakable. And now, words can't describe the feeling. Every time your eyes met, the world would fade away, every time you touched, you could feel sparks, every time you kissed, time would stop.

All of these feelings build up inside of you until finally, you and your father are stopped infringing of an arch, covered in a cloth to keep you from seeing everyone else. You hear everyone stand, your heart ready to explode. Then, two young girls open the cloth for you to walk through.

Then...

You see him.

Yours and Mark's eyes meet, making breathing hard. The way he stands, how he looks, you're nearly swept off your feet. He makes you weak, but you watch his expression turn to awe, and he looks away, hastily wiping a tear from his eye. Your father lets go of you, kissing your cheek before you walk up to meet Mark. He gently lifts the veil off your face and behind your head. He takes a good look at you, taking your hands in his.

"You're beautiful,"is all he can muster up at the moment.

You let the blush take over your cheeks as the minister begins to speak.

As the rings are slid on, your smile is impossible to break as Mark repeats each line to you, re-confessing his love all at the same time. The look in his eyes tells you everything he's feeling, making you want to faint.

Through the I-do's, your heart aches more and more, nearly begging for more of his touch. You yearn for that moment, longing for him the whole time.

Finally, the minister announces, gesturing to Mark,"You may kiss the bride."

"I've always wanted to do this,"he says before dipping you backwards and kissing you softly. You take in every feeling, the thought of being his wife making you smile against his lips.

As he brings you back up, you see the love in his eyes,"I love you, so fucking much."

"I love you too," you sigh before kissing him again.

After the reception, as you head to the hotel room, you lay back, closing your eyes. As you get into the room, Mark unexpectedly sweeps you off your feet, holding you bridal style. You giggle as he carries you to the bed. You already took your dress and suit off, so you're comfortable. He lays you down gingerly, his lips colliding with yours. You know exactly where this is going to end, so you prepare yourself you wrap your arms around his neck as his hands slide up and down your sides.

"M-mark..."you stutter when he begins to leave sweet kisses on your neck.

He comes back up, sweetly staring down at you,"What's wrong, baby?"

All you can do is sigh.

"I-I'll stop if you don't want this,"he says while leaving a kiss on your cheek.

You sit up, sitting on his lap. When you look back at him, you see a hint of lust in his eyes, not much though,"No, I want this with you, I really do. Just go slow and- can we do it like this? The way we're sitting?"

He chuckles, his arms around your waist,"Of course, my love. Anything for you. You're my one and only."

"I love you,"you swoon.

"I love you too, (Y/N), forever and always."