3: Stolen

You cry. Silence. You cry more. Silence. You cry out to the one you love.

"MARK!"

Silence.

You've been down in this dark, damp basement since you woke up. Chained to a poll, you ran out of escape options hours ago. You have no clue how long you've been awake, but you sit there, feeling like a kicked puppy. You have no memory of what happened, but if there's one thing you do know, Mark would look for you the second he came home to an empty house. And by now, that's happened. So you pray with all your heart that he'll find you.

Finally, you hear the stairs start to creek. Never moving Mark from your thoughts, you keep your eyes on the unfinished, gray cement floor. Next, you let out a sharp cry when you feel the lash of a whip against your cheek.

You lean your head on your shoulder, attempting to cushion the now, open and bleeding wound. You only have a few seconds before a hand grabs your chin and rips you to look up. The face is masked so you can't make out anything except your captor's eyes. Hazel. That's all that's visible to you.

"Look at me,"he hisses, his voice angry and harsh,"You're here now, and you aren't getting out."

With that, he pulls out a roll of duct tape and you use the last few seconds to scream out before your mouth is taped shut.

"MARK!"

He presses the tape over your mouth and smooths it over with his hand, looking at you curiously,"Who is this Mark you've been calling for?"

You grunt, since you can't speak and he answers for you,"Boyfriend? Well don't you worry, you won't have to worry about him anymore. You're with me now."

He turns around, catching your hateful glare and slaps you,"And you're going to like it.

You try to fight back the tears of the shadows of fear and helplessness, but they slip past your eyelids before you can squeeze them back. Your breathing is heavy as the man walks back upstairs and the cold basement goes dark when the light is shut off. The darkness closes in on you as you begin to cry, breathing heavy and uneasy.