11: Sweetheart

You stumbled down the sidewalk, drunk off your ass, barely conscious. Your steps were inconsistent and wobbly, unbalanced. You tripped several times, somehow without falling. Finally, you fall into the grass. Tonight couldn't be more of a hell as it was.

Your boyfriend broke up with you after cheating with some cheeky blonde and threw you out without giving two shits. You had no idea where you were, the only place you wanted to be was at your best friend, Mark's place. You throw up for the third time and break down into tears, soaking your face and making your mascara run down your cheeks. As if things couldn't get any worse, rain begins to pour down from the dark, dead sky, soaking through your clothes.

You lay there, miserable and heartbroken, just hoping and praying someone to help you. But that help never came. You laid there for two hours before passing out in the grass. Before you pass out, you're a shivering and sobbing mess.

When you wake up, you're not on the street, in the grass, in a shelter, or at home. You don't recognize where you are, so you weakly turn your head to look around before you sit up. You're in a bed, and a nice bed at that.

There is a large mirror on the dresser across from you and you notice that someone removed the streaming makeup from your face. You're in different clothes, dry, warm ones. Someone changed you. And to your surprise, someone even took the time to brush your ratted hair out.

When the horrible stomachache arrives, you groan. You hear footsteps outside and the door opens,"(Y/N), are you okay?!"

To your shock, it's Mark. You gasp.

"Mark?! Did you... do all this... for me?"

He shyly nods, scratching the back of his neck. You blush at the thought of him changing you out of your soaking clothes. He must have seen all of it, but clearly he didn't get any ideas, which you find so sweet.

He sits on the side of the bed and you kiss him on the cheek,"Thank you."

"I know,"his eyes turn dark,"what he did. He cheated. I know how it feels, (Y/N), same thing happened to me once."

You scowl, feeling your broken heart sink,"Who could cheat on such a sweetheart as you?"

He smiles and blushes,"Thanks. I saw you laying in the grass and I panicked. (Y/BFF/N) texted me and told me, so I ran all over to find you. I told myself I wouldn't let anyone hurt you like that, but I failed. (Y/N), I'm sorry."

"No, Mark, don't take this upon yourself, you couldn't predict what he was gonna do. Things just happen,"you start to tear up once more.

He sits himself up next to you on the other side of the bed as he listens The second Mark notices, his hands go to your cheeks and his face turns apologetic,"Oh, no, (Y/N), don't cry... you're okay, I'm right here."

You cry into his shoulder, letting it all come loose. He gingerly rubs your back with one hand and strokes your hair with the other. You were grateful you had such caring arms to cry in, but when you pull away, you see something in his eyes that you've never seen before.

Love.

"Mark?"you ask, confused.

He doesn't look away,"Even when you cry, (Y/N), you're still just as beautiful. Another thing I told myself when I found you, I told myself I'd heal your broken heart."

"Mark, I-"

No more words, just a kiss that makes you melt. You roll over, laying on top of him without breaking the kiss.

When you pull away, you're shocked,"Mark?"

"(Y/N), I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-"

You press a finger to his lips,"Shhhh, it's okay."

You lean in and kiss back, allowing his arms to slide around your waist. Pulling away again, you get lost in his dark brown eyes.

Mark's voice cracks,"I love you, (Y/N)."

"I love you too, Mark,"you swoon.

He was always your sweetheart, even from the beginning.

(Cute?)