31: Mark's Little Cripple

(IM OUT OF SCHOOL FOR THE SUMMER!!! YAY!! IM OFFICIALLY A JUNIOR! okay, so basically this is about you being injured; thanks to my knee decided to give out on me in the shower last night :( Had to hobble around the school on crutches... TO THE STORY...)

You stare at the doctor's note in your hand on the way home. No physical activity ~ 5 weeks. Dropping the note in your lap, you let out a frustrated sigh and lay your head against the headrest. Mark had some long videos to record today and Ethan was visiting with his friend from San Francisco, so that left Tyler to take you to the doctor.

The doctor confirmed that you, in fact, had a hairline crack in your fibula in your left leg. They already strapped a boot to the leg, and a pair of silver-gray crutches lay in the back seat. You've never been injured before, at least not this bad, and you're already hating it. It's a bit hard to accept, but for the time being, you're crippled.

Arriving back at the house, you push the car door open and rotate your body to the right, letting your legs dangle out the door. Tyler rounds the car and stands in front of you. Slowly, you push yourself out of the seat and carefully plant your good, right foot on the ground. Tyler pulls your arms to help you reach the center of balance. Once the door is closed, you lean against the car while he opens the back door and pulls your new crutches out.

He hands them to you and you set them under each armpit, your hands gripping the holders tightly. You've seen people walking with crutches before, so it's not hard for you to make your way up to the front door. Katherine sees you as she walks by and hustles over to the door, letting you in. You go over to the couch and basically fall back on it. Your leg unable to carry any weight.

You sigh and thank Tyler before he goes to another room. Katherine pats your leg, a pitiful frown on her face. Your leg is propped up on the ottoman about two feet from the edge of the couch, strapped under a boot and cloths underneath. You lay back for a while, closing your eyes and hoping to fall asleep to pass the time.

About three full minutes later, as you're dozing off, soft footsteps pad across the carpet and you hear a sorrowful sigh,"Oh, (Y/N)..."

Opening your eyes, you are met with Mark's guilty, sad face, looking at you with sympathy. You look yourself over and shrug, not sure what to say other than,"Five weeks."

"Babe, I'm so sorry this happened, I was so stupid. This is all my fault... I shouldn't have tried to push you in the pool... god I'm such an idiot!"

He continues to yell at himself until you cut him off,"Mark, babe, its okay. I know this is the last thing you wanted to happen. Shit happens. It's okay babe."

Mark stares at you in shock. He was preparing himself for hours of blame and you yelling at him. Your mercy shocks him.

"You mean... you're not mad?"he asks.

You shake your head,"I mean, of course I'm not happy about a hairline crack, but no, I'm not mad at you."

He seems relieved, yet he still apologizes over and over. He goes silent for a while, sitting on the couch with you and holding you close. He eventually lets you lay sideways, your head in his lap. You close your eyes as his fingers softly make soothing strokes through your hair. He did everything to make sure you knew he was sorry. He sat there with you for hours so you wouldn't have to get up on your immobile leg. You eventually wake up from your peaceful nap to find its way late.

He looks at the crutches before looking at you, smirking,"Ya know, when you're in the house, you won't need to use those."

"Why not?"you cock your head in questioning.

He kisses you on the cheek before sliding his arms under you and pulling you off the couch in a bridal carry,"I'll be your legs!"

You giggle, wrapping your arms around his neck and nuzzling your nose in his neck.
He carries you to your room and lays you down sweetly.

It was after dinner when Tyler took you to the doctors and the screening and x-rays took several hours, so by now it was past 11:00.

Mark pulls the sheets back and you wiggle your way under before he leans down and gives you a sweet kiss on your lips He rounds the bed to the other side and climbs in with you, turning the lamp off and and pulling you against him in his arms. You had basically forgotten you only had one good leg at the moment, and being in your Markimoo' arms took the pain away.

<3