4Minute's Disbandment (6/25/16)

At first, it was KARA that got disbanded. On January 14, 2016 Soompi published an article with DSP Media confirming that the group had disbanded. Honestly, I was quite shocked. A new member had just joined in just a year ago and they disbanded. I mean Youngji just joined and had a debut. She only got one era (I think...), which was Mamma Mia! After the little program thing to determine the new member of KARA, the whole group disbanded just two years later.

I know I'm late on that issue but hey, it was kinda ticking me off a bit.

Now the thing I'm going to talk about next just happened recently. 4minute's disbandment... Why? I admit, I'm not really a SUPER fan but I still liked their music! They were one of those unique girl groups that didn't really do cute concepts. They were like bad*** girls. Their concepts were tough and unique. Crazy and Hate were some of the best songs they released! And I know. Those are the most recent released songs but STILL!

And then there are some stories of WHY they decided to disband. People are saying that Cube Entertainment abandoned the other members except for Hyuna. I don't want to think that's true. I mean, they were all amazing! I don't think it's true though.

And then I read the report about iHQ and their decision about 4minute. Someone had reported that iHQ said that 4minute was a non-profitable group... they added that the recent released albums were "failures" ... What??! I don't know about the sales but... the recent releases were such great music. But seriously!

"... to state that 4Minute's recent albums were "failures" to iHQ. As a result, iHQ saw 4Minute as a non-profitable group and they took profit over music. As for why Hyuna was re-signed, it is because she was seen as a profitable entity for CUBE Entertainment as her solo career is very successful... Apparently, the other members of 4Minute wanted to re-sign with CUBE Entertainment, but nobody would be able to help them... the CEO... loved 4Minute and saw them as his own... many CUBE Entertainment personnel believe the outcome...be a lot different if CUBE was controlled by CEO Hong and not iHQ."

AND I WOULD LIKE TO AGREE! But I guess that's reality. Money over other things...

It's sad, really. One of the best girl groups out there has now disbanded. Their music was really something to look forward to.

I wish the other members good luck in the future. I hope that Gayoon and Jihyun get great roles in their acting careers, and Jiyoon to be able to become a solo singer and produce her own music. And also, I hope the show that Sohyun is on will be great as well.

/