Last Minute Arrangements (5/6/16)

Okay.... So this is probably my first rant of the year, 2016 (and it's already halfway through the year... Whoops) And GUESS WHAT?! It isn't even about K-pop!! Yeah sorry about that... Right now I just need to let off some steam.

Mother's Day is approving this Sunday, and it also happens to be my grandpa's birthday too! My mother and aunties came up with an idea of playing some father and mother love songs to their parents and I have no problem doing that!

Really, I don't... But I do have problem with last minute arrangements. I am an EIGHTH GRADER in chamber orchestra. I am not a professional. I REPEAT, I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL! So I don't know how the grown up women thought that I can perform a piece I never seen before in just two days. Make that TWO PIECES...

I was just informed today afternoon about having to perform two traditional pieces for our grandparents. I'd like to say, "sure no problem," BUT THAT ISN'T THE CASE! This is a serious problem here! You've just told me to perform two songs in two days. You informed me that three other cousins are going to play with me as well. That sounds like a pretty good deal. NOT! You didn't mention the part where OUR SCHEDULES DON'T WORK OUT AT ALL!

The violist is busy doing some solo practices and has test preps to do. The youngest violinist has Splashtown on Saturday from early morning to 4 in the afternoon! The oldest violinist has to go to a kid's party on Saturday... WHERE IS THE TIME TO REHEARSE?!

If you wanted us to perform for your parents, then give us a week heads up. You can't just say, "hey play these two songs on Sunday when we go down to your grandpa's,". That's not how it works. There's no way we have time to learn, and rehearse to perfection in time!

You also said that we didn't have to... Thank goodness... NOT! You say that we can choose not to perform instead but then you get mad!

"Oh you don't have to do it...

...

...

...

...

Really?! REALLY?! SO YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING?!! THEN WHY THE HECK DID YOU LEARN HOW TO PLAY THIS PIECE OF JUNK ANYWAYS?!! YOU'RE USELESS!"

How can we refuse now? And then when you say, "oh it's fine, so-and-so can just play by themselves!" That just makes everything turn for the worse! If we don't ALL play, then we're gonna have to listen to you mothers complain about how so-and-so did and how we should be like them... That's worse than playing horribly... Actually I take that back, it's equally horrible.

Let me just say, this freaking happened before too... You hosted some Christmas party and told us to play Christmas songs. Let NEWS FLASH: WE DON'T KNOW ALL THE DAMN SONGS! If you want to requests a performance, PLEASE PLEASE PLEAAASSSEEE DO SO WITH A WEEK NOTICE. We need time to prepare and rehearse! We are not robots who can magically just do everything perfectly. We have to learn the music and play in rhythm.

Next time I SWEAR, NEXT TIME WARN US! AND DON'T YOU DARE GET MAD WHEN WE PERFORM HORRIBLY THIS SUNDAY!