CHAPTER 25

The sound of my phone ringing woke me up.

"GRRRRRRR." I said to myself, angry because I was woken up at the time I don't even plan to.

I held my chest tightly as I hear my phone ringing, with the happenings last night still on my mind. I realized I'm about to burst into tears again.

I was about to get my phone from my bedside table when it stopped ringing. I looked at the screen and saw that it was Riley who's calling.

I shut my eyes and tried to fall asleep again. After a few minutes of tossing and turning, I failed.

I sat up and decided to call Riley back. He answered in just a few rings.

"Hey Ri." I said, still with my crooked voice. I looked at my watch and saw it's just 7 in the morning.

"Alex!" He said in a loud voice, as if in a sudden panic.

My eyes widened and my heart immediately raced. "Are you okay?!" I asked, worriedly.

"Yeah. Sorry." He said, lowering his voice. I breathed out a sigh of relief. "It's just... we wanted to say goodbye."

My eyebrows furrowed, confused. "Huh?"

"We'll be boarding in a few minutes. Connor wanted to come home already and wanted to leave as soon as possible. We refused, but mom called us, telling us they are planning to have a headlining tour soon, in celebration of the new EP." His words were vague, as my mind just kept on repeating what happened last night.

He wanted to leave as soon as possible.

I shot my eyes closed and feel my heart tightening. "Oh really?" I asked, almost in a whisper.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"No, don't worry about it. It's fine." I lied. "Can I say goodbye to Toby?" I asked, wondering.

"Of course! Wait." He responded.

"Hey, Alex." Toby said, as if he's about to cry.

"Tobes? Don't be sad! We'll see each other soon!" I said as if nothing is bothering me. I failed, though, as I felt a tear falling from my eye.

"Nice try." He replied, letting out a faint laugh. "I'm gonna miss you."

I sighed. "I'm going to miss you too, Tobes. Take care of yourself, okay? I heard you're going to have a headlining tour. Have fun." I said, hoping to make him feel better.

Flight 465 bound for Orlando, Florida now boarding

I heard from the background. "That's us." Toby said.

"Take care, Tobes." I said, and he told me goodbye before handing the phone back to Riley.

"It's never goodbye, right? Just see you soon?" Riley said, and I can almost feel his smile creeping.

I let out a smile as well. "Absolutely." I said. "See you soonest, Ri."

"Get yourself moved here in Florida hospital, okay?" He asked, giggling.

"I don't think that's gonna happen, but I'll definitely come visit if I can." I replied, thinking about that possibility. "Hey, you have to go." I said.

"Yeah, we're just about to go inside." He said, pausing for a while. "See you soon."

"See you guys, take care." I replied and ended the call after.

I placed my phone down and just hugged my knees to my chest, feeling lonely as I realized I am all alone again.

After composing myself, I grabbed my phone and sent Connor a text: