CHAPTER 26

* A few days after *

I was staring at the blank wall in the emergency room of the hospital when someone broke my trance.

"Alex?!" His voice echoed through my head and I immediately looked back.

"Sean?!" My jaw dropped. "Hey!" I said, walking towards him and giving him a hug.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I pull away.

"My dad works here and I decided to pay him a visit. How long have you been working here?" He asked, sitting down on an empty chair beside me.

"Just a few days. My dad got transferred for a few months and he decided to tag me along saying it will be a big opportunity for me to learn." I said, rolling my eyes.

He smiled. "Why do you seem so disappointed, though? Aren't you happy? You're now able to work in the same state as your boyfriend!"

My heart dropped. I took a deep sigh before responding. "It didn't end up that way, Sean." was all I could say.

"Oh." He said, looking down. "Well, in other news, Sabrina and I have been dating for almost a month now." He added with a smile in his face.

I smiled back really wide. "Oh my gosh?! I'm so happy for you!!!" I said, giving him a hug.

"Thanks." He responded, looking at me as if with a look of pity. "I hope you do find your happiness, Alex." He said, holding my hand gently. "Anyway, I have to go. It's really good seeing you here." He added, standing up and giving me a wave.

I bid him goodbye before returning to work.

I was about to start arranging the patient files when my phone beeped.

Before You Exit All The Lights hometown show in Orlando, Florida at 6 o'clock pm

My calendar reminded me. The reason that I had that alert is because I was supposed to surprise them during their show but my dad told me I can't leave because of the heavy workload in the hospital today.

**

My phone kept ringing as I talk with a patient at the reception area of the emergency room.

"I'm sorry, excuse me." I said to her, apologizing.

It was Toby who has been calling me for about 5 times already. At first I wondered why and thought maybe he is just going to convince me to come to their show. "Tobes, I can't talk. I'm working." I said the moment I answered, talking as fast as I could because we are not supposed to entertain any calls during our shift.

"Alex!! Connor is at the hospital!!" He responded instantly, and my jaw dropped.

"What?!!" I asked almost loudly, causing a few heads in the room to turn to my direction. I can feel my chest tightening as I listen to him.

I can hear him breathing heavily. "Connor is on his way to the venue when a truck smashed his car. He went back to the house a few hours before the show to pick up some things and then as he was driving, a truck hit him. Alex, I don't know what to do." He said nervously. My heart starts to race really fast, thinking of what I could do.

"What hospital??" I asked immediately as I grab my bag and keys and walked towards the exit.

"Florida hospital in E. Rollins." He responded instantly.