Hidden Love

Disclaimer, I don't own glee.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday afternoon, Burt allowed Blaine to take off early from working at the tire shop. It took a while for the older man to assure Blaine that it was ok, before Blaine agreed and politely thanked him. Kurt was busy with Mercedes so Blaine figured he would just hang around the house until he got home. As he headed into the house, he stopped to pick up the mail.

"Hello?" He called into the house.

"In the kitchen!" The voice of Carole called. Blaine walked in the kitchen and he placed the mail on the counter. "Your home early."

Blaine shrugged. "Yeah. Burt said I could take off for the night."

Carole began going through the mail.

"So how was work at the hospital?" Blaine asked.

Carole nodded "You know, it was work. Nothing exciting-Oh Blaine here. Looks like you got mail." She said handing Blaine an envelope. Blaine's eyebrows furrowed together. The Music College of California. Blaine looked up at Carole and then back down at the letter. Carole noticed his hesitation. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"N-nothing it's just-um-this is from the Music College of California.." Blaine answered.

"Well..are you gonna open in?" Carole asked with a smile.

"I..I can't. I don't want to know what it says." Blaine confessed.

"I'll be here for you no matter what it says. Ok?" Carole said.

"I don't care what it says, I don't want to know." Blaine sighed.

"..Does this have something to do with Kurt?" The older women carefully asked.

Blaine looked around before slowly nodding. He then let out a dramatic sigh and pressed the palms of his hands onto his eyes. "Shit! Why did this have to happen!?"

Carole's eyes widened and she walked closer to Blaine. She carefully rested a comforting hand on his back. "Honey, what are you talking about?"

"I thought I didn't want to go to college. I thought I was going to leave this town and go to New York with Kurt and now..well now I want to go to college..but the only one I like has to be across the country!" Blaine shouted. He didn't even realize he was crying. "I just..I don't know what to do. I love Kurt so firckin' much and I don't want to loose him. But long distance doesn't work, I've watch the notebook a million times with Kurt. But I need a good education if I ever want to do something with my life and not become the failure of a son my father always tells me I am." Blaine cried.

Carole rubbed soothing circles on Blaine's back. "Alright. Why don't you open the letter and see what it says. Then we'll see what will happen from there." She softly said. Blaine wiped away his tears and nodded. He then ripped open the seal and pulled out the piece of paper. He carefully read it over. He then looked up at Carole. "...Well?!"

"I-..I got in..." Blaine sighed.

"Blaine, that's great!" Carole smiled.

Blaine shook his head. "How it this great? I have no clue what to do now..."

"It's great because at least now you know your options. And you have at least a week to think about it."

"Yeah..look Carole would you mind not mentioning this to Kurt?" Blaine asked.

"I-..sure. Just make sure you talk to him about it." Carole said.

"Ok." Blaine said. "I-uh-I'm gonna head up and take a quick shower."