Therapy Before Dreams

Nell took me to therapy. I sat inside the room with a woman with a notepad. She just asked questions.
"How are you today?" She smiled, a pity smile but I replied.
"I'm fine, how are you?" I said.
"I'm great. What's your name?"
"Luna."
"That's a beautiful name, mine is Ms. Leona."
"Well hello."
"Tell me a little about yourself, why you're here, Luna."
"I like to write, and I want to become a judge, I'm here because I'm unable to cope with my rape."
"When did this event occur?" She asked, jotting notes down.
"Exactly 3 weeks ago." I nodded.
"That's too little time to cope and heal. I assume you are here to help cope with it, not because you're unable to."
"Maybe." I shrugged.
"Tell me what happened." Ms. Leona insisted.
"I don't remember, I passed out." I leaned into the chair with my legs crossed under me.
"And do you have nightmares, do they reoccur?"
"I can't sleep." I deadpanned, "Currently suffering from insomnia. I can't take medicine for it because I'm pregnant."
"Well, I have a sleeping method. Blink 5 times in a row then stop. Keep doing it until you yawn. And then after you yawn, blink slowly. You'll be sleep before you know it."
I nodded, "Cool, okay."
"Do you know your schedule here?" She tilted her head.
"No."
"You come here every Thursday, at 5, and we talk for an hour." She said.
"Nice. Can I use the bathroom?" I looked at her, fully alert.
"Yes you may, right there in the corner of the room. That door right there." Leona pointed at the door.
"Thanks." I walked to the bathroom where I peed and threw up my entire day's worth of food.
When I came out, my therapist look horrified at me.
"Is everything okay? Are you okay?" She questioned.
"I'm fine. The demon won't let me keep anything down but my mothers tacos."
Leona laughed, "My son was like that, it lasted for two or three weeks. But he let me eat whatever the rest of the pregnancy."
I smiled, "hopefully I can keep my food down sooner than that."
She laughed again, "it looks as if our time is up. It was so nice meeting you Luna." She stood and shook my hand.
"You too." I picked up my bag, and exited the place.
Nell was parked in the front but she was sleep.
I knocked on the window and she jumped, "Don't. Do. That. LUNA!" I laughed.
I opened the door and squatted into the seat.
"Can you sleep over again, it's hard sleeping alone.." I put on my seatbelt.
"Yes." She said before we pulled off.

First she took me to eat and then took me home. My mom let her sleep over now because I needed someone there with me. When I came in my momma greeted me with tacos and my papa greeted me with a kiss.
"buenas noches , mi luna." My mama and papa said.
"Goodnight." I said back.
I went up the stairs, and I felt myself feel relieved to be there. I instantly went and laid down. Nell laid with me.
"Can you rub my hair?" I asked, it was a weird question but it put me to sleep.
"Yes." She answered.
She stretched out her arm, for me to cuddle into and she began to tangle her fingers at the roots of my hair.
I felt myself drift off.

I was at a hotel, Nell was next to me. I was worried.
"I don't think I can make it. I'm overdue, what if something's wrong?" I saw as Nell packed everything for a visit.
"Our baby will be fine." She said, as she spoke, I caressed the little bump that had formed on my tiny shape. I had blew up and blown out during the pregnancy.
"I'm 2 weeks over due, what if she dies? I can't do it." I cried. Folding myself into the hotel bed sheets, I wrapped my arms around my love.
"It's two weeks healthier she is, needed extra time to bake. So she was fully done." Nell sat me up, wrapping her arms around me.
I chuckled a little, "Ay, Papí. "
The contractions came back, worse than before and quicker.
"Now," I said.
She picked up her overnight bag and then carried me down to the car. We were on the first floor. But it was above the lobby.
"Everything will be okay." Nell said, and right then, I felt butterflies. My mamí was kicking. I let my head lean against the window as I tried to endure the ride to the hospital.
**Two years later**
My baby was in my arms, her cake in her chubby little hands and smeared across her face. All her family was here including her abuelo and abuela.
I sat her into Nell's arms, and Nell grabbed my arms and pulled me to her.
"I love you. I want you to know that I am so happy you let me be here to watch her grow. For giving me her. I love you." I kissed her and she stood from the chair she was sitting in, and wrapped her arms around me, still holding Daya.
-The scene changes-
I'm back at a hotel. Or a mall. It was combined. It was Daya, Nell, and I. I was talking to Nell and when I turned to her, I saw her in the backseat of a trailblazer, my heart dropped and her eyes were sad. I picked up Daya as I watched her leave.

I woke up to the sunlight in my eyes. I was happy but sad, much to my disturbance. I knew for sure I wanted the baby now, but I was a bit confused about Nell. I wasn't sure if I liked her or if I wanted her to be there through everything. I was so confused. I let myself lay there and think, and as I did so, I hadn't noticed Nell getting up.
"Good morning, Luna." She smiled at me.
I was highly confused.