Missing Piece

2 months later
Nell made sure I went to school. Nell made sure I ate. Nell made sure I went to my doctors appointments. I was too lazy to argue anyway, but she knew If I made the choice, I wouldn't go. It been 2 months and I was having the same dream over and over. And something always got set on fire. As the pregnancy extended, the dreams would too. At first it was just about me causing him pain for trying to take me baby away, and then it extended to me locking him behind a barrier as I left the room with my child in my arms. I would walk away, hearing him scream as I left. And inbetween that is a blank space , a missing piece. Like a whole part of memory missing.
Everytime I went to the doctors, they would tell me the same thing, my baby, was growing quicker than usual, and they made sure the day I conceived was correct. But today, on this Saturday, I found out what I'm having.
Nell was way more excited than I was, I hadn't even realized what I wanted to have. I'd been so exhausted with everything. So I was panicking, not that I needed to.
"I think you're gonna have a boy." Nell exclaimed, excitedly. Usually she drove with one hand on the wheel, and leaning back a bit, today she drove with both hands and her head practically on the dashboard.
"We're here!" Nell said, she looked for a parking space that was close to the entrance. She found one, but it was a little far back. She got out and came around the car to help me out.

"Come on, there you go." She pulled me out and held my waist for support.
My heart started to race. I left it alone and wobbled to the ob/gyn office. I heard Nell say okay then, and she let go of me.

"Hello, Ms. Luna. How are you today?" The receptionist, Kim Parker, greeted me.
I smiled, "I'm fine, ankles are killing me but nothing serious. How are you?"
"I'm fine, honey bun. How's that baby?" She smirked, as if humored.
"Ughh, fine I'm guessing, I get to find out if this baby, is female or male today." I rolled my eyes.
"Not ready for that?" She asked. She was scrutinizing something on the laptop in front of her now.
"Nah I'm ready. I've just been so busy, I haven't had time to think on what I wanted. Or even pick names." I sighed and sat down. "It's too much."
Kim laughed, and turned to me with a knowing look, "From experience, it's both hard and easy. But once you get the hold of it, it's all types of hard. Just have to learn to adjust quickly and roll with the flow."
"Thanks for the advice Kim." I replied, before leaning back in the chair.

My doctor came out 20 minutes later, "Hello Ms. Luna. How are you and the baby today?"
I sighed, smiling," We are hungry. And very tired. " I wobbled after him and climbed onto the little hospital bed. Nell stood beside me, as the doctor readied his equipment and put on his latex gloves.
"You ready?" Nell smiled down at me, her golden brown eyes lit with excitement. She grabbed a hold of my hand as the doctor put the gel on my stomach.
"Whoa, that never seems to get old, or warmer." I said and Dr. Robert Downey laughed.
"All my patients seem to agree." He smiled.
He rolled his weird device over my belly, lookin for the baby.
"Ahh, here she goes.." he moved it around, looking.
"It's a girl?" Nell asked. She smiled.
"Actually.." Dr. Downey moved lower, "he's a boy! Congratulations!" He said.
"He's a boy?" Nell stepped back with surprise. She took a breath of laughter, "Ha! It's a boy. You're having a boy. We're having a little baby boy!!" She took my face in her hands and kissed me gently.
I was taken back with surprise, "Nell..." I sighed.
Her lip pulled up in a smirk, "I know." And she exclaimed. Happier than ever.
But she didn't know. For the past few months, I've faked annoyance with her, tried to dislike her and be angry with her, and I couldn't.
I found myself in the same position. Falling in love. Loving her.

Dr. Downey wiped off the gel and I pulled down my shirt. He and Nell helped me off the bed and Nell let me wobble out. And as I wobbled, I thought. (Sounds funny, I know) but I thought hard. My belly grew with her, she saw him kick, and always made sure I was okay this whole time. But I don't know what to do.