Kick Me Uncomfortable

I got home from therapy and ate a slice of pizza. I wasn't as hungry as usual I actually was really tired. Nell wasn't going to come in right away because she knew I was upset with her, so she was going to wait my anger off.
I headed upstairs, my ankles sort of hurt. Laying down made me uncomfortable at the time so I sat up. I needed a pregnancy pillow.
I called Nell.
"Hmm." She answered.
"Can we go to the 24 hour Walmart?" I asked, pulling my shirt over my stomach.
"Come on." She told me. I hung up and made my way down the stairs.
I got in the car and she took me to the Walmart that was far out. The drive was filled with music and occasional horns.
I fell asleep.
I felt myself being shook like 5 minutes later.
"Come on, Luna." Nell said. I got up and got out.
We walked into the store and went to the first employee. "hi, do you know where you guys sell pregnancy pillows at?" I asked politely.
The man smiled back, flirting, "Go straight back to the bed area and there should be the pillows with other bedroom things.
"Okay thanks." Nell said. She glared at the boy then, pulled me off to the back.
When we reached the bed area, I felt like it took forever to find pillows alone. Never mind trying to find maternity pillows. I groaned.
"Can't wait til this is over. " I growled as I walked down the aisle of different types of pillows.
"Here they go." Nell pulled the pillow box off the shelf. She carried it to the counter, I followed closely behind her.
We got stuck at the checkout that had the boy I saw when we first came in.
"Nell I'll pay." I said. I didn't feel like having her glare at people. I didn't care but it got agitating.
"$24.32." The guy said, his name tag read Ric.
I handed him 30 dollars. I faked a smile and waited for my change.
"Here's your change miss, $5.68." He handed me my change and Nell grabbed the box.
"Thank you. Have a nice night." I said, then walked after Nell.
When we got in the car, Nell seemed oddly quiet.
"You okay?" I asked more often for my liking.
"Mhmm." She'd reply.
I sighed.
We made it home safely... and silently. I picked up the box, and that's what made Nell mad.
"Stop doing dumb shit man." She took the box from me.
"What am I doing dumb Nell?" I snapped back.
"What you picking up stuff for? Leave it alone, Ima get it." She took the box in the house and I came up after her.
When I got in my room, she had laid my pillow out for me.
"I don't want you to do every single thing, Nell." I said as I sat down.
"I want to do every single thing, until you're not pregnant." She replied while she snatched off her shoes.
"Why?" I rolled my eyes.
"Because I do. Now leave me alone and go to sleep." Nell said to me.
"I don't have to listen to you." I said in a nagging sense.
"I don't care if you do or don't. " she laid down on her space of the bed. I laid down on the pillow.
"Shut. Up." I told her.
I took my phone out of my jacket.
I felt my stomach turn, felt like little butterflies.
"He is kicking." I sighed and felt as the baby kicked and kicked.
Nell placed her cold hand on the Lowe part of my belly, nowhere near the spot he was kicking. I gently moved her hand upward toward his little feet, "Right here." I said and I guess when he felt her hand that was his point to keep going, harder this time.
"Ugh okay, give it up, go to bed, young man." I laughed, with a hint of seriousness.
Nell still laid faced toward me. I tried to calm him so I could sleep.
"Go to sleep." I whined.
"Let me talk to him." Nell ran her hand over my belly.
"Nope." I giggled.
"Oh shut up." Nell laughed at me.
"Whatcha doing in there man?" She asked. His kicking continued, beginning my uncomfortable position.
"Be nice. I don't think your mommy is very comfortable." She moved closer, her head resting on my pillow and her hand on my stomach.
The kicking slowed.
"See there." I assumed she was talking to me. But the kicking was still going just slower. Then it stopped abruptly.
Nell ran her hand across my stomach and nodded off. So did I.

3:16 a.m.

The kicking continued. I rolled onto my left side to avoid rolling on Nell. I then sat up.
"Look here, its real rude to wake me out of my beauty rest." I yawned.
I walked around, talking to him, trying to calm him. Nell woke up.
"Why are you not sleep?" She asked.
I pointed at my stomach, "He's having a stomping party in there." I rolled my eyes.
"Let me talk to him again." She say up and I walked over to her.
Nell held my stomach with both hands, "what you doing in there?" She soothed.
I rocked side to side as she talked, she held onto my waist as I moved. I sighed, tired.
The baby calmed. I climbed back into bed, and fell back to sleep.
There were so many more nights like this ahead.