6 1/2 Months: Baby Shower

Onna was actually cool. We grew closer, even though it was near the end, I didn't think our friendship would end at graduation.
On the day of the baby shower my mother had planned, Friday night, Onna took me over to the place her mother worked.
Mommy & Baby was the name of her shop. The place was huge, divided into two halves. One side for mommy, one side for baby. The place had a lot of business and it was filled with beautiful things.
Strollers were lined against the windows neatly the racks were placed around the store filled with maternity clothes or baby clothes. On the walls were pillows and breast pumps hanging up and behind it all was a large painting of a pregnant woman laughing.
It was baby and mama heaven.
I followed Onna to the counter, where a lady, that was just an older version of Onna stood behind. She looked over at us, and her eyes lit up in happiness.
"Onna baby, you finally bought your friend." She came from behind the counter and hugged me tightly, then, pulled away to admire me.
"You are awfully small for 6 months." She smiled, "Call me Tina." Tina tilted her head at me.
"Mom." Onna groaned. I laughed.
"Yes my love?" She pulled away from us and walked behind the counter.
"So it's Luna's baby shower today." When Onna said it, her mama was looking behind her for something.
Her head snapped up to look at me, "Baby shower!?" Tina practically leaped with joy.
"Its just a small gatherin—" I was interrupted with baby clothes.
"You're having a boy right? I can tell. You're too small in the waist." She handed me baby clothes that, I admit, were adorable, but I didn't have money on me.
"I didn't bring my purse. I don't have money to shop right now. Maybe sometime later?" I put the clothes back.
"Honey these are presents." She handed the clothes back to me. " I'll give you a baby wrap and a breast pump so your baby can be healthy." She took things off the wall and placed them in a big bag.
"Would you like to come to the baby shower? Since you're giving me so many free things." Tina had handed Onna the bag of things she had gave me.
"I would love to, but I have to work." Tina waved her arms around.
I smiled, "Thank you. I really hope you can at least make it to the end of the party." I informed her when it ended and she promised to try and make it. Then Onna basically dragged me out of the store, before her mother bombarded me with more gifts.
I hadn't seen Nell since this morning. My mother was cooking and my father was given the chore to invite family.
And while I was out getting gifts, the house was being set up into the mayors hall.
When I walked in the house was filled with my mothers family and friends. Gifts were stocked to the far right of me. There was a red carpet with candles lighting it. My mother had the couch moved out of the way and chairs with tables substituting for the couches and living room tables. I loved it.
Onna placed my new gifts with the others, coming back to the place I was standing, as I stood in awe. People greeted me at the door, giving advice and asking to touch my stomach. There were a lot of hands on my stomach. My mother showed me what she had made. Food covered the kitchen counters and table, in an orderly fashion. I held conversations I wasn't really paying attention to. I knit picked at things in the kitchen and threaded through the gift cards that sat on the table in the middle of the dining room. The house buzzed with happiness. I could feel it everywhere, from every point I stood. I moved back to my position at the doorway, comfortable there.
Then Nell came through. She held a large bag of things but I'm sure it wasn't going in the pile of baby things.
But her.
Her hair was cut, freshly cut. She was dressed up for me. One hand was tucked into her pocket and she was combing the crowd with her eyes, searching for something.
Then our eyes met, I raised my eyebrow at her. Nell smirked, nodded her head toward my room.
I rolled my eyes and put my finger in my mouth, pretending to gag.
She laughed and dropped her head. When she looked at me again, I could only smirk back.