Chapter 1, Hello New Home.

Chapter 1

Nathan

September 29, 2013

59th Street, NYC

Apartment Complex

    "Hey there sleepy head." Samantha said as I woke up from my long nap.

I flash her a sleepy smile. "Hey."

Samantha Parker was like a mother to me.

After that conversation with Nurse Laura, she told the institute that everything was a lie. That I wasn't crazy. It was just all an act for me to purposely get in there to be punished for what I did to that girl. Laura ended up getting fired but she didn't care.

"You think I care about—this job?!" She exclaimed. "All I ever wanted, ever since you were omitted into the hospital was for you to have a better life!"

"My life will never get better! You need to understand that Laura!" I yelled, making everyone outside look at me.

"That's what you think! You're not even trying Nate!" She screamed. "I'm 24 and I'm still living the life. You're almost nineteen, I want you to experience it as well!"

"Well yeah—now thanks to you I have no other choice then to destroy my life."

She frowns. "Thanks to me you'll be having a life." With that she took her bag and walked off.

I felt like such an ass. I still do. All she ever wanted was what's best for me. She was right. Thanks to her I now have a life. I'm living with a family who are slowly starting to care for me.

Yeah, Samantha's family.

After I left Utah, I came here to New York and went to the (ARC) American Red Cross to find somewhere to stay, but it took a long time.

However—in the ARC, was where I met Samantha. She was one of the workers there. I told her about my family passing away and how I didn't have a place to stay and she was nice enough to give me the extra bedroom at her condominium.

She lived with her husband Alex , her sixteen year old son Matthew, her four year old daughter Hallie, and her ten year old nephew Blake, who was living with them because of some family issues his parents are having or something.

"Dinners ready. Everyone is washing up. So if you want, you can come down or if you want I'll bring it up—" I stopped her.

"No Samantha it's fine. I'll go down in just a minute." I said noticing Hallie at the doorway with her teletubbie pj's on and a teddy bear in her arms.

"Okay sweetie." She said turning around and walking out the door.

I smiled at Hallie before she left and waved. She blushed and ran out the room after her mom.

I smiled.

| Flash Back |

"Nate!" SMACK.

"NATHAN!" (giggling)

I open my eyes and glared at my little brother. "WHAT JAKE?!" I yelled.

He laughs and pauses letting out a disgusting burp right at my face, to only laugh hard once again.

"YOU PIG!" I yell.

He laughs hard as he smacked me in my face with a pillow again. My eyes widen and he fell on my bed laughing like a psycho with tears falling from his face. I couldn't help but laugh along at his stupidity.