Chapter 13, Roof Top Garden

Chapter 13

             Shutting my locker, I turned to head to the cafeteria when I heard someone call my name. I looked up to see it was Katelyn. "Hey," I tell her.

She catches up to where I stood and smiles shyly. "Hi," I smile slightly. "Were you going in there?" she pointed at the glass doors that led to the cafeteria.

"Uh, Yeah. Thought I'd grab some lunch before going to library to do some research." I tell her.

She nods & plays with her fingers. "Well do you think you can grab us both some lunch and meet me at the garden roof top? I just want to tell you something." she says.

It was good to know that she's talking to me, rather then ignoring me like yesterday on the trip. I can't believe we almost kissed. I don't know if she even noticed that but I was nervous around her. She made me feel some seriously amazing but weird things. Not only was her beauty intriguing but the mystery behind her—as well.

I bit my lip. "Sure." I nod.

She almost looks relieved at my reply and smiles. "Thank you." Katelyn's smile always seemed to make my day. I watch her walk down the hall and into one of the staircases. I wonder what it is she wants to talk about?

Walking into the cafeteria, I look around to see if I spot Ashley and I don't. Sigh. That girl was amazing but I just needed my space for a bit until I decide if I even want to start any type of relationship with her—or any one else for that matter. "Nate!"

Dylan and Tyson walked over to me and they looked sort of worried. "What happened?" My brotherly instincts took over and I looked at Tyson.

"I sort of did something l-last night near Campton." He stuttered.

"Tyson—What happened now?" I grabbed him by the shoulder and sat him down on the nearest table.

"Well I-" he looked at Dylan and I started to get upset.

"Tyson stole something from that pawn shop in campton." Dylan came straight out with it. However the words took some time to be process into my head. I know Tyson isn't my blood brother but the few days I've know him, We've gotten really close to the point where we consider each other brothers. He's seventeen for god sake and he's already in trouble. Ugh!

With wide eyes, I looked at Tyson. "You stole from a store?!" he flinched. "Are you fucking insane dude?" I asked.

"I know! I know and I'm sorry! I just—I had to." He says.

"You had to?" How the hell can he say something like that? What kind of reason was there for him to have to steal something?

"The owner of the store is his father's friend. Tyson here thought he needed to get his 'revenge' on that dude for something he did." Dylan tells me.

I clutched my forehead and sighed. "Tyson—God why do you have to be such an idiot?!"

"Look, I'm sorry okay?!" He yelled. "If I could turn back time I would stop myself for doing it but I can't." He tells me looking guilty.

I sigh again and look at him. "Okay, Do you know if the cops are looking for you?" I ask.

"No. They have no idea it was me. They probably thought it was just some of those gang members roaming the streets. However Peter, my dad's friend won't take long to figure out who did it." He tells me and I feel my insides twist.