Chapter 6, Crushes & Hospitals.

Chapter 6

Tuesday 22, 2013

Jacobi Hospital

9:31pm

           In Life you always expect the unexpected. It's all just a matter of time when you realize your life made a quick down fall. So starring at Nathan lying in this hospital bed unconscious made something inside of me hurt.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

"Sweetheart." A gentle voice said touching my shoulder.

"Mhm?" I mumbled, playing with Nathan's shark tooth bracelet.

"Visiting hours are almost over. You must go home." As soon as she began to talk I quickly interrupt her. "No. I don't wanna leave him."

I felt a pair of arms grab me. "Katelyn c'mon we have school tomorrow. We can always stop by tomorrow to check up on hi-" Joshua was cut off by a fainted yell come from the hallway.

A young woman probably in her late twenties or early thirties rushed in with a boy I seen around at school. "Nathan." She gasped as she saw him lying there unconscious.

I assumed this was his mother and that the boy over there was his brother. She had brunette hair that reached by her back bone, petite, and she had an amazing sense of style.

The boy was a junior I knew for a fact and he was very attractive. He had a young face that proved him to be at least sixteen years old. He has black hair that was styled in a cool messy way which brung out the color of his eyes which were a pretty green.

"You're his mother?" The nurse asked politely.

The woman who clutched Nathan's hand hesitated for some weird reason as she caught my eye and nodded. "U-uh yes. Yes I'm his mother."

"Katelyn his mom is here so we have to go." Joshua whispered in my ear. "C'mon." I looked at the sleeping boy lying down and frowned before walking out the room.

"Did you notice how his mom got when the nurse asked her that question?"

"Yeah I kinda noticed that too. Maybe she was nervous or frightened to even get anything processed due to the fact that her son was lying in bed unconscious." I said as we waited patiently for the elevator.

"Yeah if I was a father which obviously I will never be—" Giving me the hint again that he was gay. "—I'd be mortified to see him that way."

I nodded and we both got on the elevator in front of a woman chatting with a nurse. "I just hope he recovers and hopefully he would..." I had to pause because I didn't want Joshua to think I was desperate to talk to Nathan.

"—wanna chat with you?" He guessed knowing it was the most obvious thing in the world. I frowned and played with my fingers. "Katelyn I know I might've sounded rude in the supply room the other day but I just don't want you to get hurt again."

I looked up at him. "Why are you telling me this?" Noticing that the two woman behind us had stopped talking and were obviously in our conversation.

"Because it's obvious you developed a crush on him. You're pretty easy to read Katelyn." I blushed the slightest and he continued. "He seems like a cool dude but the fact that you've been hurt before by some jackass doesn't put me in a good state. I love you and I don't want you to get hurt."

I nodded and understood. "I know. I love you too." I smiled. "Besides I know you've developed a crush on someone but you just don't wanna tell me."