Chapter 4, Let The Voices Stop.

Chapter 4,

             I held the sticky note in my hand as I looked around the room. I had no idea who this girl was but I hope to find her quickly.

"Hi!" A sweet voice said from beside me. I turned to see this pretty blonde girl. She was slim with nice curves and she looked like one of the cheerleaders.

I smiled politely. "Hey."

She giggled, suddenly. "I'm sorry to ask this but do you maybe want to sit with us at lunch. I kinda know Tyson and he wants us to invite you to our table."

I smiled and nodded. "Sure. I'm Nathan by the way. The New Kid. You are?"

She smiles. "I'm Ashley. Head Cheerleader. Best Girl Basketball Player Out In This School."

I laughed. "Oh really? I'd like to have a challenge to prove that little fantasy of yours wrong."

She giggles. "Oh really? Okay well after school then." She said.

I smiled. "I'll let you know if I can make it. I gotta make sure I don't have any plans."

She blushes suddenly and looks at the volleyball in her hands. "Well then I guess I'll see you later. You know if you don't have any plans or anything."

I smile and reach out to playfully tap her shoulder but once I did that she gasped and had a frightened look on her face, making me frown. "Whoa, you okay?" I asked concerningly. 

She nodded awkwardly and rubbed the spot where I touched her with this look on her face. "I—have to go. I'm sorry." She quickly rushed over to her friends before I could even open my mouth.

"Excuse me!" I looked away from Ashley and faced the young blonde teacher. "Are you in this class?" She asks.

"Uh no. I got a note to borrow Katelyn Martinez for a moment." I said showing her the note Mr. Evans signed.

"Oh. Okay sure, but bring her back." She said looking around the room. "Katie is the little one at the end with the soccer ball."

I looked at where she was pointing at and made my way over. Of course not before being cut off by Tyson. "Dude you're in my gym class too?!" He asked.

"No I just need to talk to that girl over there for tutoring. I didn't understand anything about today's lesson." I said, sighing.

"I feel you bro, but tutoring? I don't think I can bare." He said.

"Well I'm going to have to do it to finish senior year. You should do the same man. I know for sure you don't wanna get left back." I told him, hoping that I at least encouraged him to at least try.

He looked away for a second and I could've sworn he was looking at some girl. "I'll think about it."

I looked from the shy quiet girl he was looking at and then back at him with a grin. "Good. Well I gotta go find a girl named Katelyn." I said still unsure of where she went.

"Oh that short girl, yeah she's with Joshua in the supply closet." He said, walking away.

I raised an eyebrow, at his comment. A girl and a boy. In a closet? Never a good turn up, but I need to find her so if it means running into them doing things, oh well.

"You are so stupid!" A cute voice yelled as she giggled.

"No I'm not. You should know the rackets go above, dumb dumb." A guy about my height said as he shoved the rackets above her head in a shelf.