Chapter 19, Back Off Before You Get Hurt

Chapter 19,

Nathan

          "Okay so if you see a question with both of these diagrams, what formula do you think you'll end up having to use?" I asked.

Tyson scrunched his face in a confused look but it look like he seemed to know the answer.

He scratched the side of his cheek while reviewing his notes. "Pythagorean Theorem?"

I grinned. "Good!"

Tyson got up from his seat and did a little happy dance. "Oh Yeah! I'm so gonna ace this test!" he exclaimed.

"Mr. Yuri, quiet in the library!" Mrs. Stewart said from afar, just scowling at him.

I chuckled under my breath and pulled Tyson back in his seat.

It was Wednesday around the afternoon and Tyson and I decided to skip lunch so I could help tutor him in math. After lunch Tyson has to take a test in his next class which is math. I already had that class earlier today so I had already completed the examination with hopeful flying colors. I had studied my ass of all of last week with Matthew since we live together.

We were seated at one of the big desks by the big glass windows that showed a view our school's courtyard. Although it was supposed to be Tyson here learning from my tutoring lessons, Matthew was over and so was Mindy.

"I don't get it, I mean, me being a junior I take finals but we also take a pre—assessment before it." Matthew says from across my chair.

"Yeah but I guess us seniors get some sort of special treatment from the state." I joked but with somewhat truth behind my statement.

"Are you calling us Special Ed, Nathaniel?" Mindy joked back, making Matthew and Tyson laugh.

"Absolutely not." I chuckled and waited for them to finish writing the last of their notes on their notebook.

Mindy sighed and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "I just hope I pass this test. I heard that Ms. Carson told the earlier students that if they fail that'll deduct almost half of our grade."

Matthew groaned. "Is that true dude?"

I took a sip of my water and nodded.

Mindy whined and leaned her head to the side in frustration. Her actions caused her head to fall on Tyson's shoulder which I noticed made him tense. Oh, poor you Tyson. I thought as I watched the nervous jock.

Ever since he got beat up that day and Mindy visiting him in the hospital, they've became good friends.

Surprisingly he hasn't flirted or disrespected her like he usually did with girls a while back when I was the new kid. It seems like he's really serious about this girl, just as I am with a certain gorgeous hispanic beauty.

Speaking of Katelyn, I haven't been able to see her for a while since I had to study for this damn exam. After I had asked her to be my girlfriend on Friday we didn't see each other after.

On Sunday was when I began to study very hard for this examination. On Monday when I came to school I went to classes and seen her there obviously but we never really had the time to talk or even share a kiss. Yesterday, Tuesday, I seen her in the hallways talking to Mindy actually but after Katelyn rushed away before I could even spare two minutes with her.

"Hey have any of you seen Katelyn today?" I asked as I hugged my hands together.

God I missed her like crazy.