Chapter 11, Catching Feelings.

Chapter 11,

  Katelyn

Last night.

Silence. Sometimes it's relaxing and soothing for the brain to seek in concentration but sometimes it can be very uncomfortable. That's exactly how I was feeling after I asked the question.

"Katelyn please don't take this the wrong way but, that's a topic I also promised myself to never speak about." He said, and at that moment I regretted so much asking him that question. I could see a faint tear in his eyes.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Kit Kat." A semi deep voice said from the other side of the closed door.

Nathan quickly got up and wiped his face. "I gotta go."

"Nathan please, forgive me." I said on the verge of tears. I felt so bad for causing him this pain. He ignored me and opened the door revealing Joshua.

"Nathan," Joshua said but was shocked to see the handsome guy walk past him.

I clenched my fist in guilt and lightly hit the side of my hip. Placing a hand on my head I couldn't hold it in any longer. I cried.

Closing the door, Joshua walked forward. I sobbed and opened my arms. I know I kind of over reacted with him down stairs but I could never be mad at him.

"I'm sorry." He pulled me to him and rubbed my back in comfort. "I'm so sorry for getting mad at you." He kissed my cheek.

"It's okay." He whispers. "Besides, you shouldn't be the one apologizing. It should be me. I brought up your ex boyfriend and I know how much it hurts to remember what he did." He says.

I sobbed. Joshua's my best friend, I don't want him to continue believing my semi-lie. When our friendship developed we promised to be the type of friends that never kept anything from each other & even if it was hard to mention I was willing to tell him the truth.

"Joshua what I'm about to tell you is something so dejected that you'll probably just—" I sobbed. "—be disgusted with me that you'll never want to even look at me again." I said as I let tears after tears fall from my face.

"That's impossible." Joshua whispered. "Cutie I could never be disgusted with you. Whatever it is, I'll still be here. I swear on my life." And at that moment when he placed his hand over his heart, I believed in him.

Nathan'sPOV:

"Tyson—you're an idiot." I said to the boy in front of me reeking of alcohol.

"I'm sorry man!" He slurred and I shoved a bag with clean clothes at his chest.

"Go change. You reek of Jack Daniels!" I yelled making him wince in pain but he manage to walk to the bathroom at the back.

I was at home getting ready for school when I got a call from the cops saying that they found Tyson near an abandoned water tower a bit out of town. Considering the fact that all his 'friends' were also drunk or around doing stupid shit, I—being a good friend, went for him. I was surprised that the cops didn't just dial his parents but Tyson begged them not to. So I took a cab there and picked him up. They didn't let us leave before asking a lot of unimportant question but we answered anyway. After we left the police department we stopped a cab and headed back to town. It took almost three hours to come back, so we decided to just skip school today. I decided since he didn't eat that we could stop by the diner near our school to eat something.

I sighed. I don't know why but every time I hang out with Tyson I picture him as a brother to me he's 17 while I'm about to turn 19 soon so I guess I felt like his older brother. You can't blame me, I mean the government practically took my brother away from me. Knowing that he was still alive and out there was killing me. I wanted to find him, to see how much he's grown.