Chapter 15, Trouble

Chapter 15,

  Katelyn

        I opened my locker and looked at my best friend who was starring at me intently with a smirk on his face. "Stop it." I said, with a chuckle and grabbed my binder from underneath my history textbook.

It was Monday morning, two days after the party on Friday and I was by my locker with Joshua. He has noticed that I had a 'glow' which I had to laugh at because people only say that after they have sex or something. I had told Joshua about what happened and he was really happy for me but he said that I wouldn't hear the end of it—so, bring on the teasing.

"So...are you excited to see him after two days?" Joshua asks.

I shut my locker and glare playfully at him. "You're not helping the situation." I said as I began to walk.

Joshua walked with me and raised his eyebrow. "What situation?"

"The situation in which I don't rip my hair out for being very paranoid." I tell him.

"Paranoid? Kate, the guy basically made out with you and asked you if you wanted to be with him."

"No. He specifically said if I wanted him and I had said yes but their was no actual—'Hey, Were gonna be boyfriend and girlfriend now.' I don't know where this leads us." I clarify.

Joshua rolls his eyes and chuckles. "Whatever. I'm just glad your gonna try to put that horrible past behind and start fresh with your man."

I giggled. "He is not my ma—" I cut myself off as soon as my eyes caught sight of Nathan and Ashley talking down the hallway. Joshua must have noticed because he sent a sympathetic look my way.

"I'm sure he just sees her as a friend." He says.

I made a face. "Friends? Joshua look at her—she's beautiful."

"So are you—" Joshua argues. "—and who did the prince end up choosing at the end?" he asked, teasing me again.

I blushed and ignored that comment once I saw Nathan look my way. Ashley's back was towards me as they were speaking. Nathan flashed me a jaw dropping smile with a wink. Joshua laughed beside me and pulled me inside the classroom before I could even drop to the floor. "C'mon Princess."

I giggled and made my way to the seat when I bumped into someone. I gasped and looked up at the tall boy and almost died. Cedric. His light blue eyes starred me down and I felt my heart flutter in fear. His gaze had me feeling very insecure for some reason and if it wasn't for Joshua being beside me, I think I would have died.

Just at that moment Nathan had walked in with one of the players on the football team. Nathan saw me and he noticed Cedric but I don't think he knows him that well. "Sorry Cedric," Joshua speaks for me and grabs me. I stare at Cedric and he was scaring me because he was very quiet and his look was very intimidating.

Once I was seated I noticed Nathan with a look on his face almost as if he was upset or in very deep thought. I wonder what's wrong? I looked over at Cedric who was seated in his seat at the back, just starring forward at nothing.

Everyone in this school knew to back off because from what we heard about him last year, he was not a guy you would want to mess with. "You okay?"

I gasped feeling Joshua's hand on mine. "Oh, yeah." I said, nervously. Thankfully Mr. Evans had began the lesson helping what just happened clear from my head.