Chapter 3, I Need A Tutor.

Chapter 3

Katelyn

          I walked out of government class with Joshua , seeing that mystery guy laughing with Tyson from way far.

"He is one hot milkshake." I heard a deep voice say beside me, my gay best friend Joshua.

I giggled and hugged my binder to my chest. "He's new?"

Josh nodded. "Definitely. I wouldn't miss someone that attractive roaming around our hallways. I will have to be blind to not have seen him."

"Oooh , someone has a crush." I teased him as I pocked his abs.

"Ha! I don't think so. I'm sensing it's the other way around." He said tapping my chin and swaying past me.

I gasped and hurried up to him. "Excuse me? Uhm no, I don't even know him." I said.

"You may not know him BUT there's still many months for you too meet him so shut those adorable lips of yours." He opened his locker and shoved his binder in there. "Should I bring some money so we can buy snacks at the vending machine?" He asked.

"Why?" I asked, a bit dozed off about the whole new guy conversation.

He noticed my trance and scoffed. "We have a free period. We always go out to lay on the grass. I wanna bring some snacks just in case we get hungry. Duh!" He said in his fake gay voice ever making me giggle and a girl looking in her locker smile amusingly.

"Can you buy me goldfishies?" I said referring to the actual gold fish crackers.

"Duh! You're my baby of course papa's gotta feed you." He said locking his arms with mine.

I laughed and asked him to walk with me to gym so I can put the bat and bag of tennis balls back in the supply closet. Ever since senior year I volunteered to help Ms. Wall, our gym teacher, to collect all the sports supplies from the students in the fifth floor gymnasium and bring them back down. That's the reason I had the bat in the first place. But hey, at least I get community service credits! That's gotta be something.

"Why don't you join the soccer team Joshy?" I asked as I placed the bat on the stand and the tennis balls in a bin.

"Uhm, because gay people don't do sports. At least I don't." He said as he put his huge arm around me.

"So they don't play sports but they have time to grow muscles and abs?" I said, referring to him.

"Hey if it were for me I wouldn't waste my time getting muscles and abs but of course my best friend is a girl and I have to look out for her."

I rolled my eyes and giggled. "You corn ball."

___________________________________________________

Nathan's POV:

December 12th 2011

At Home

2:35pm

"Nathan!" My dad called from the garage.

"Yeah dad?" I asked as I leaned on his tool table.

"Your Grandpa called, he wants me to go by to help him get some stuff from home depot. You wanna come?" He asked.

"Yeah sure, whatever. I got nothing to really do anyways." I said as I got in his car.

He waited outside as he gave me a stern look. "Did you do your homework?"

"Is that a rhetorical question?" I asked, trying to be a smart ass.

"Don't do that Nathan." He warned as he put the screw driver down. I was gonna joke once more but he warned me off again. "Nathan!"

I chuckled. "Okay. Okay I'm kidding. I could do it another time."

"Who are we trying to kid here Nathan? Go upstairs and start your homework. No excuses. Your last report card was horrible." He said in complete honesty.

"Wow thanks dad!" I said with a fake smile.

"I'm serious Nathan. If you want that car for Christmas you have to get your grades up. So go to school, find a tutor and do better. I'm not letting you get one single present if those grades don't improve." He ordered.

"That's not fair!" I spat.

"I think it's very fair. If you come to your mother and I, showing them a report card with D's & F's you won't be receiving anything." He said.

"You can't do that dad." I said.

"I don't see why not. You're still sixteen, I'm your father, of course I could do that. So unless you don't start straightening up, no car, no phone , no internet and no friends. Understood?" He asked as he gave me a determined look.

I glared at him and huffed. "Whatever."

Now looking at my Forensics teacher, I didn't know how to approach him and ask him about today's lesson. Yeah it's perfectly reasonable as to why I don't understand the work. I am the new kid that came to the beginning of senior year like three weeks late of course I'm not gonna catch up that fast. However it's also because I didn't finish my junior year.

Now you're probably asking how the hell am I in senior year if I didn't finish eleventh grade. Well the best explanation I can give you is that Samantha did some contacting with my old school, I guess they came to an agreement and BAM, here I am.

"How can I help you Nathan?" Mr. Evans asked as he stacked the mess of papers he had on his desk in a nice order.

"I wanted to speak to you about today's lesson." I began to explain.

"Ah! I figured you would ask me about that. You need a tutor don't you?" He asked but already knew my answer.

"Yeah kind of." I said with a little chuckle.

"That's okay. No need to be ashamed. Tyson could use a tutor himself but the person I'm gonna assign for you is different from who I'm gonna assign for him. That kid is too much."

"He's slowly becoming my friend. I'll try and straighten him out so he can stop causing you any trouble." I said making him laugh.

He finally stop scrolling down on his computer and smiled. "Aha!—One of my brightest students. Katelyn Martinez. She has a 95 in my class so you can go off and find her." He quickly wrote something on a sticky note. "She currently has gym in room 226 go downstairs and ask for her. She's the sweetest. I'm sure she'll be glad to tutor you." He said and handed me the note.

I smiled. "Okay I will try and find this girl. Thanks Mr. Evans."

"You're welcome buddy." He said as I exit the room.

______________________________